Author Topic: drawings  (Read 1588 times)

Garam

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +230
drawings
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:19:13 AM »
+10
i went through a bit of a rough patch about 18 months ago and started attending a life drawing class to take my mind off things. no real previous experience besides doodling toons in school. before the class i hadn't done a single drawing for at least 6 or 7 years. i love it now. i want to become obsessed but finances and my laziness are getting in the way. but now that i've started i do not ever want to stop. my stuff's all pretty sloppy, that's just my personal taste. i am capable to some degree at doing more figurative stuff, but i dont really like it. i find it a bit boring, it can feel like a chore. it's just not me. twas van gogh's late period that really influenced me to begin.

most of these are from the first six months or so, i don't really have many recent pictures. often the paint is still wet and so the flash reflects fairly heavily. the classes aren't very long, so the longest i've spent on a drawing is about an hour. I do want to change that, but, y'know...laziness.

feel free to hate, like, love or ignore them as is your wont.

^ blatant rip off of charles sheeler. that one's from when i was 17 actually. i tried painting briefly back then but then didn't proceed for a looooong time

blam

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1097
Re: drawings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
Those are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Three aren't showing up... Use the attachment feature!
"Hunger is the purest sin"

wilder

• Respect: +1432
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Wow. Really love your artwork. Please keep posting it!

Garam

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »
+3
i feel like posting some holiday pictures. and this is as good a place as any.

i have a smart phone for the first time, with a crappy camera on it. But it'll do for now. Beats the game boy camera anyway. Step by step.

i don't claim to be a photographer or anything, just feel like sharing. i'm aware the quality is terrible.

lots of bare trees and people in black scurryin about

^ as i took this picture 'the world is yours' by Nas entered my head and it always reappears everytime i see it

from one century to the next, it's the same old shit

Freedom FOR A R T I S T S

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1207
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
do you have instagram in europe or wherever. pm me

my favorites: dogs in windows, tunnel opening light thing, reflection and i think a double-reflection maybe, mentioning nas, purple party, blue morning, signs, blurry lights, i skipped some
"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

Garam

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 05:10:07 AM »
+1
more photos of europe with the same terrible quality cameraphone

make way for navigatin ducks

^ there was a mountain through that window. I went closer to try to get the camera to focus and the ground collapsed underneath me and i fell to the first floor with a shower of rubble and a large block of concrete that narrowly missed my face.

Garam

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
+1
Quote from: Kanye
Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shit!

urban exploration in the former soviet union. About as spooky and fascinating as you'd expect. Found some great booty. Also found a room that seemed to have been abandoned circa 1995 with lots of magazine pages ripped out and stuck on the walls, including lots of images of Nicole Kidman from Batman Forever

abandoned Italian racetrack built in the 1920s

and the photo that my friend in the photo was photoing

STALE MATES!!

get it

cause they're old friends

old stale

friends mates

and chess

and Ukraine and Russia are currently in a stalemate of a war situation
forget it

Garam

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 10:06:15 PM »
+4
most of these are old (2/3 years-ish) to very old (8-11yearsish). Couple from this year...

2004 or 2005

2013 I think

2012 I think

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +397
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:12 AM »
+1
Great stuff! I really really like the mood of the one of the bar. Gives me a Withnail-y vibe.
My short WORLD WIDE WOVEN BODIES is now online:

Watch it here!

Garam

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »
+1
Thanks! It is a really nice old school British pub. They're becoming rarer and replaced by ghoulish glass and pine wood holes, but I know they'll never die. The vomit stained carpets will live on. It's the Faltering Fullback in London, easily one of the nicest pubs in the city I've been to. Give it a visit if you're ever passing through! Within a reasonable walking distance of the house from Naked, too...

http://londonboozehound.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/FF-web-e1454841986471.jpg

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy