Author Topic: Fargo (TV series)  (Read 13479 times)

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1602
Re: Fargo (TV series)
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1133
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »
Oh my! She's actually a perfect fit for Fargo's sensibility. :yabbse-thumbup:
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1133
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2017, 01:46:49 AM »
Watched the premiere and absolutely loved it. It was more than an hour long, but I wanted more. Nothing (including the actual Coens) has quite the same sensibility. I think every musical cue made me giddy. Even loved all the performances.

This could easily be better than Season 2.

Minnesota accuracy corner! The rich brother's place is supposedly in Eden Prairie. That's fine, but Eden Prairie is a rich southern suburb of Minneapolis. There's not that much open land. I think the most rural house you'd see there is something like this:

Probably nothing quite like the frozen tundra that we see in this episode. Doesn't bother me that much, though, because an upscale ranch house on a decent amount of land is certainly something you see in slightly more rural parts of the state, some that are only 10-20 miles away.

SPOILS

Here's the more bothersome inaccuracy. Everyone knows Eden Prairie. It's the 12th biggest city in Minnesota and a memorable part of the metro area. However, I had literally never heard of "Eden Valley." Absolutely no one, not even Scoot, would make this mistake.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy