Mulholland Dr. Explanation?

Started by Xeditor, April 23, 2003, 05:04:36 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYthe bum in mulholland drive is similar looking to that guy in eraserhead that pushes all the handles....and that they both "control" the acts of the characters in mulhjolland dr. and eraserhead...anyway, if someone could do a favor and post a "swell" pic of the lever pulling guy in eraserhead for comparitive purposes i(NEON) would be happy to see it.........it could help prove my point or it could make me look like a phucking idiot....

Well, while you're out getting drunk, I'm home (as usual) on a Friday night to make these caps for you. Look at them after your hangover, or maybe they will cure one:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

NEON MERCURY

Mac.!!!!!!!!!!.....thanks.........!!!

i  do  see the similarity......

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinI still say the hair change was just a continuity error; one scene was from the original pilot and the other is from reshoots many months later.

Who says he didn't intend it that way? Lynch has strange ways of fucking with his audience.

Also, I noticed that this guy looks an aweful lot like the guy sitting down in this sequence.

Take a look at the nose especially. I always thought they were the same person somehow. I'm not sure how/if that changes anything.

penfold0101

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Also, I noticed that this guy looks an awful lot like the guy sitting down in this sequence.

The Bum is a Lady, her real name is  Bonnie Aarons

Am i the only one sad enough to sit through the credits?

From what i know of Lynch it was all done with a purpose. But WHAT!

probably er...... Hollywood's destruction of aspiring actresses, from what i hear they often turn into crazy bums!  :wink:
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

ono

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!

Pubrick

i'd rather not put it into words.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrick

i'd rather not put it into words.

hmm........... :idea: Aunt ruth!

bonanzataz

?????

aunt ruth had pretty "red" hair.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Myxo

Quote from: taz.?????

aunt ruth had pretty "red" hair.

Hey. Yer chin is below frame.

:(

Lambdacism

Quote from: MyxomatosisHey. Yer chin is below frame.

it has fallen into his unconscious

i don't know which mdr. thread to put this in, but at 2:14:29 is that espresso in Diane's mug?

©brad

i think my head just exploded.

Gabe

cine

AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]