Mulholland Dr. Explanation?

Started by Xeditor, April 23, 2003, 05:04:36 PM

Xeditor

Okay so I consider myself pretty good at understanding hard to understand movies.  With that said, I just got the Mulholland Dr. dvd and started watching it.  Everything was going good up untill the whole blue box thing.  Then I thought I made a come back and started to understand it again until the little people came out of the bag.  From there till the end I was lost.  Can anyone give me a quick explanation?  It hurts to think!
The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

xerxes

Xeditor

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

xerxes

every single person on the planet has a different interpretation... that's all

MacGuffin

Quote from: xerxesevery single person on the planet has a different interpretation... that's all

But only mine is correct.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

After seeing it the first time, i was just like "What the fuck?" I will admit I didnt get it. So I went online to see peoples interpretations of it (like salon.com) and then went and saw it again and started putting the pieces together with the dreams and what not. Id love to see somebody here break down their interpretation.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

©brad

its kind of weird to think about how long ago it was when we had all those mull. dr. debates.

budgie

Quote from: Pit's all about the nipple.

True.

If we're going to reminisce, I think today is my birthday.

children with angels

Lynch IS taking the piss with that "David Lynch's 10 clues to unlocking this thriller" list on the DVD, isn't he...? He must be, surely...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

©brad

nah, I don't think so. Lynch himself has said, in response to all the theories and debate, that the film is much more straight forward that one would think. I dunno, u can think what u want. Those clues made the movie a little more fun I thought, especially when you watch it with friends who don't know about Lynch.

phil marlowe

its really not that complicated. very simple when you first get the idea. i think the only things debatable is the homeless guy and the blue box.

the rest makes perfect sence. im clever.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cbrad4dits kind of weird to think about how long ago it was when we had all those mull. dr. debates.

It was around the time that the DVD came out.... those were my longest posts ever...

please don't make me do it again

Xeditor

Quote from: children with angelsLynch IS taking the piss with that "David Lynch's 10 clues to unlocking this thriller" list on the DVD, isn't he...? He must be, surely...

What 10 clues??? I have the dvd and didnt see anything.

Pubrick

Quote from: XeditorWhat 10 clues??? I have the dvd and didnt see anything.

David Lynch's 10 Clues to Unlocking This Thriller:
    Pay particular attention in the beginning of the film: at least two clues are revealed before the credits.

Notice appearances of the red lampshade.

Can you hear the title of the film that Adam Kesher is auditioning actresses for? Is it mentioned again?

An accident is a terrible event... notice the location of the accident.

Who gives a key, and why?

Notice the robe, the ashtray, the coffee cup.

What is felt, realized and gathered at the club Silencio?

Did talent alone help Camilla?

Notice the occurrences surrounding the man behind Winkies.

Where is Aunt Ruth?[/list:u][/size]
    they're fun, if anything they'll get u to remember sequences of the film individually.
under the paving stones.