American Horror Story

Started by Jeremy Blackman, September 03, 2013, 09:41:55 PM

the series just started connecting previously disconnected seasons, which is pretty cool and well done so far.
this short article about the mystery concerning this next seasons storyline agrees with me and makes some interesting observations.
Quote from: bloodydigusting.comFX is moving forward with "American Horror Story: Hotel", which will star Lady Gaga. And like every year prior, we know nothing about it.

Last week we told you the H.H. Holmes theory, in which "Hotel" could be about America's first serial killer and his "Murder Castle".

Now, a second theory has come to life, pointing out the recent (January 2013) bizarre events at the Cecil Hotel in which 21-year-old Elise Lam was found dead in a water tank. Prior to drowning in the tank, hotel video surveillance caught haunting footage of her in an elevator having issues (see below).

What's more shocking is that the hotel was allegedly home to various serial killers from Richard "the Nightstalker" Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.

The kicker? Allegedly Elizabeth Short, also known as the Black Dahlia, was last seen at the Cecil Hotel before her 1947 murder. It should also be noted that Mena Survari appears as the Black Dahlia in an episode of season one! Hmmmm....

Does a black cloud hang over the hotel's roof? Is it also the inspiration behind FX's fifth season of "American Horror Story"? Only time will tell.

jenkins

they just paraphrased cecil hotel's wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)

elise lam's story i talked about in shoutbox a bit back, and i think it'd be a bit shit of them to make a narrative based on her. they'd brew speculations about a real tragic death into some tv horror excitement? fuck that. i think fuck that, of course i do. calling that a tasteless guess on their part and i'd be amazed into disappointment if elise lam was brought up in the next season of this whatever

[edit]
nevermind i'm already mad at someone else:

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: In competitive bidding, Sony Pictures has acquired The Bringing, a horror spec script written by Brandon and Phillip Murphy and based on an actual place and series of events. The spec's basis is on a woman, Elisa Lam, who was found dead in the water tanks on the roof of the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles.
http://deadline.com/2014/02/sony-pictures-wins-fright-spec-the-bringing-mystery-revolving-around-l-a-s-cecil-hotel-690590/

another person's misery other people's jollies. ever. whatever

Quote from: jenkselise lam's story i talked about in shoutbox a bit back, and i think it'd be a bit shit of them to make a narrative based on her.

i see what you're saying and completely agree with you.
but in defense of the article, i think that its going to focus on the hotels history more than that particular event, the main reason being that it's previously reference the black dahlia, and they're connecting all the stories now.
the movie idea however is completely atrocious.

src
Just the other week franchise star Jessica Lange exited the "American Horror Story" universe, leaving the reigns to the infamous Lady Gaga.

Now, with the fifth season in full swing at FX, co-creater Ryan Murphy has added Chloƫ Sevigny to the cast of "American Horror Story: Hotel", returning this fall. Sevigny is a returning series regular, and recently starred in Netflix's incredible new series, "Bloodline".

Lady Gaga, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson have previously been cast.

We've been truth to figure out what "American Horror Story: Hotel" will be about. We came up with three theories, tagged here. Which do you think it is, if any?

In terms of Lange's previous exit: "Yes, I'm done," she told the PaleyFest audience. "We've had a great run here. I have absolutely loved doing these four characters that I've had the opportunity to play. In all the madness, I've loved the writers, my actors, Ryan and the whole, I mean, insanity of it, shooting here, shooting in New Orleans, the stories, everything."

I'm obviously not a prude but how the fuck did this get put on tv

spoilers

so the premiere was incredibly graphic with violence and sexuality.
not sure how network can show a very vivid scene of a dude getting fucked in the ass.
the lady gaga entrance slash orgy sequence was enthralling. very enjoyable overall but i have no idea wtf is going on.

Reel

I've given the first couple eps of season 1 a shot and last night attempted to watch ep 1 of season 4, but nothing has clicked with me yet. When I heard about the "Creepy Clowns" in last season I had to give it a peak. I saw the first one show up and thought "ehhh, big whoop" I'm sure they have an interesting backstory, whatevz. Just don't have enough time to file through hours of tv to get to the good parts.

My barber yesterday was raving about this season's premiere, though. Luckily, I had my headphones on when he was spoiling the best parts of the show, but I definitely caught "How did this get on TV?!" and I WILL give it a look-see. It's interesting when you consider that the show's creators also did Nip/Tuck back in 2003, which was a pioneer in cable TV series pushing the boundaries of censorship. I met Brad Falchuk as a junior in high school because he's my english teacher's brother in law so she had him visit our class and show an ep of Nip/Tuck with a Q&A after. I was obviously the most interested party in the class, because amidst questions of "What kind of car do you drive?" I was asking him how you outline an entire season of TV from front to back. So, we actually shot the shit a little after class and he gave me his email. Which I used to ask him for advice once when I was entering a one act play into a competition. He wrote back with some solid tips that I unfortunately never used after changing my story entirely. I don't have any other interesting tidbits from this short meeting a decade ago, just my little name drop story of Brad Falchuk being a straight shooter.

wilder

Wow...see you what you mean 03. Just watched the new season premiere, my introduction to AHS -- is the whole show this tasteless?

the first two seasons make much more sense. the show has deviated into being artistic without intention. i was just blown away by the blatant graphicness of the first episode, this season.
i mean, how to get away with murder definitely took the lead last year with openly gay stuff, but there was literally a five minute scene of a dude getting fucked in the butthole

did anyone watch the premiere?
i have no one to talk to about this. please please chime in. i have so much to say.