Jurassic World

Started by MacGuffin, July 16, 2003, 10:22:10 PM

MacGuffin

A Jurassic Park IV Draft is Complete
Source: Sci Fi Wire

Producer Kathleen Kennedy tells Sci Fi Wire that novelist William Monahan has completed a first draft of the script for Jurassic Park IV. Kennedy said that the third sequel will move off the islands of the first three films.

"Let's just say it takes place someplace else," she said in an interview. "It will not be green. We will not go back to the jungle."

Monahan makes his screenwriting debut on the upcoming Ridley Scott film Tripoli, which is what attracted Kennedy to the writer. "[Tripoli is a] very different genre than what we're talking about doing with Jurassic, which is why I'm excited about Jurassic, because I think he'll bring something to it that's going to make it feel fresh."

The site goes on to say that no director has been approached yet and that Kennedy and Steven Spielberg will likely act as producers, with plans for a 2005 release.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Box-Office Magazine spoke with Keira Knightley recently and was asked whether there was any truth to Net rumours that Spielberg was interested in her for the fourth movie - "It's true! I didn't think anybody knew about that! It was so amazing because I've been a big fan of the original film for years. Steven said he liked my work in Bend It Like Beckham and wanted to meet me. I think Sam Neill really pushed for me as well, 'cause we had worked together before on [BBC TV series] Doctor Zhivago. There were actually two roles in Jurassic Park IV Steven thought I might fit. First there was the granddaughter part, which wasn't all that big a role, she was only in it at the beginning. The other part he was considering for me was substantially larger, but I won't go into any details in case I make Steven angry (laughs). I truly don't know if I'll end up getting either part or not. The script is pretty much locked down, but I think they're still working on final drafts at the moment. But just to be even considered by Steven Spielberg was a humbling honour".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: MacGuffinBox-Office Magazine spoke with Keira Knightley recently and was asked whether there was any truth to Net rumours that Spielberg was interested in her for the fourth movie - "It's true! I didn't think anybody knew about that! It was so amazing because I've been a big fan of the original film for years. Steven said he liked my work in Bend It Like Beckham and wanted to meet me. I think Sam Neill really pushed for me as well, 'cause we had worked together before on [BBC TV series] Doctor Zhivago. There were actually two roles in Jurassic Park IV Steven thought I might fit. First there was the granddaughter part, which wasn't all that big a role, she was only in it at the beginning. The other part he was considering for me was substantially larger, but I won't go into any details in case I make Steven angry (laughs). I truly don't know if I'll end up getting either part or not. The script is pretty much locked down, but I think they're still working on final drafts at the moment. But just to be even considered by Steven Spielberg was a humbling honour".

I guess it helps to have been in a movie by Steven's best friend, George.

Nick

MacGuffin

Keira Knightley Signed for Jurassic Park 4?
Source: LDJW Films , Latino Review

LDJW Films reports that Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl star Keira Knightley has signed to star in Jurassic Park IV, set for a summer 2005 release.

The third sequel is written by William Monahan and producer Kathleen Kennedy previously said, "Let's just say it takes place someplace else. It will not be green. We will not go back to the jungle."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

oh joy

they should have cut it off after 93

MacGuffin

Status of Jurassic Park IV
Slowly but surely, it's coming.

In an interview with Cinemania magazine (and reported at Dark Horizons), effects wizard Stan Winston revealed why the fourth Jurassic Park film isn't in production yet, and the reason will be a familiar one to frustrated fans of Indiana Jones: the screenplay is still under revision, and will be until the producer (Steven Spielberg) is completely happy. Jurassic Park IV isn't just a money grab, it's an attempt to make one more good movie out of a popular franchise that still has potential left.

"...Things have somewhat slowed on the development of the film, as Steven [Spielberg] wasn't very enthused with the first couple of screenplay drafts. I think he felt neither of them balanced the science and adventure elements effectively. It's a tough compromise to reach, as too much science will make the movie too talky, but too much adventure will make it seem hollow. So we're sort of on hold at the moment, just waiting for the written word to be in place, and then it's full steam ahead, baby!"

It's great to hear that Spielberg continues to take the science of Jurassic Park seriously - despite the somewhat outlandish premise of the entire series. As noted before, Dr. Jack Horner, a renowned palaeontologist, is working with Spielberg and the rest of the team to keep the film realistic in its portrayal of dinosaurs.

Winston also related that reuniting with the Jurassic Park group is something he greatly looks forward to. "We're all very excited at the prospect of working together again, because doing a Jurassic movie is like a big family reunion. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else, so it's a lot of fun. I also enjoy the challenge of once again raising the bar and bringing the world something extraordinary."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jurassic Park IV Script and Poster?
New dino flick may come next year.

With news on the upcoming fourth Jurassic Park movie coming pretty infrequently; it's good to hear a rumor that there is a script for the anticipated flick that's begun floating around inside Hollywood. In fact, photos of the alleged screenplay and images of a supposed teaser poster surfaced this week at Rope of Silicon.com.

From the screenplay excerpts shown, it appears that the characters of both Sam Neill and Vince Vaughn are a part of the story. This confirms what we've heard on earlier occasions, that much of the original cast could get in on Jurassic Park IV.

The poster is nothing special but matches the designs of the previous films well. The dinosaur shown this time is supposedly the "spitter" from the first Jurassic Park, a species that may have more screen time in the new sequel.

The poster suggests that the movie is targeting a summer, 2006 release; that seems unlikely, however, unless production gets underway soon. We'll let you know if we hear of any more progress.

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Quote from: MacGuffin

The poster suggests that the movie is targeting a summer, 2006 release...
Is that really the correct word in this case?

polkablues

The poster implies that movie will be called "Jurassic Park IV".  And hints that Amblin Entertainment will be somehow involved.

God, we're a bunch of smartasses.
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

Quote from: polkabluesThe poster implies that movie will be called "Jurassic Park IV".  And hints that Amblin Entertainment will be somehow involved.

God, we are a bunch of smartasses.

We, Polka, we...

yes we are.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

JP IV on Backburner
Focus on other films right now.

Despite Spielberg's enthusiasm and other preparation in progress, the next Jurassic Park remains on the backburner. Frank Marshall, who is producing the dinosaur flick, has other major projects on the go as well, and those will be taking priority for the next few years.

Marshall explained his schedule during an interview with iFMagazine:

"[Jurassic Park IV] is kind of off the radar. We've got [The Bourne Ultimatum] here [he indicates at the top of the table he's sitting behind], we've got [Indiana Jones 4] here, [indicates a little further back] and we have Jurassic back here [far back - almost at the edge of table]. Steven's obviously been pretty busy the last year, so we haven't focused on that yet. But we will."

Indiana Jones 4 is still not a sure thing, of course. If no announcement on that is made within the next few months, the new Jurassic Park could take its place on Spielberg's and Marshall's schedules.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

or they should just, y'know, not do it

pete

...unless they have a bigger awesomer gorilla in costa rica.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Jurassic Park IV Script Ready
Good news for dino lovers.

Just a month or so ago, producer Frank Marshall said that Jurassic Park IV was on the back-burner, but now it looks like it's time to turn up the heat! The fourth installment in the dino adventure franchise could be coming to the big screen sooner than we thought...

Marshall now says they have a "good script," and the idea is to start shooting the film next year (2007) and get it into theaters in 2008.

That said, Marshall and Steven Spielberg have other priorities at the moment — particularly Indiana Jones IV — but it sounds at last like things may be coming together for both highly-anticipated projects.

Considering the delays JP4 has faced, can Marshall and Spielberg get all the important Jurassic cast members to return as originally planned? It'll be interesting to see whether Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum want to deal with prehistoric reptiles and avians once again.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 21, 2006, 01:25:04 PM
It'll be interesting to see whether Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum want to deal with prehistoric reptiles and avians once again.
their accountants say.. yes.
under the paving stones.

Ultrahip

maybe not goldblum's, he's still rolling in all that Life Aquatic money...