where directors store their talent

Started by matt35mm, August 10, 2012, 12:05:42 PM

Reel

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 11, 2012, 03:31:10 PM
Quote from: Reelist on August 11, 2012, 03:12:15 PM
It's EXCRUCIATING to watch Ethan Coen talk. He's always picking at his teeth or itching his face or some shit.

I know... They keep grabbing their god damn ears and going "Ehmm... Ummm... Ehmm.." Like Wtf is wrong with you? Talk!

It definitely has something to do with Ethan's teeth that bugs me. He must have really dry lips, wherein his directing talent is stored..

I have the same problem with Todd Solondz, he makes the WORST fucking smacking noises when he talks. "mmmm, (smack) well... (smack). (*Licks lips, audibly. Applies chapstick*) I prefer it to be ambiguous...(smack)"

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 11, 2012, 03:31:10 PM

P.s: PTA's face when they don't announce his name  :(   

So telling. That little 'eek' moment. Most directors are phony as hell and start clapping and smiling like an ass for the camera when they lose.

Tictacbk

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Tictacbk on August 11, 2012, 03:45:42 PM
James Cameron's Kathryn Bigelow

Hey, props to James though.... I wish I could stick my Avatar in her hurt Locker... If you know what I is saying...
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Reel

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 12, 2012, 11:25:28 AM
... If you know what I is saying...

no. I don't know what you is saying. A bloodied up boxer would be totally out of place in that movie.

Hurt Locker is in on Tv as I write this. How's your tv working Ty? Do you even get Tv in D.R.?

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Reelist on August 12, 2012, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 12, 2012, 11:25:28 AM
... If you know what I is saying...

no. I don't know what you is saying. A bloodied up boxer would be totally out of place in that movie.

Hurt Locker is in on Tv as I write this. How's your tv working Ty? Do you even get Tv in D.R.?

1. I bet Bigelow has "Bloodied-up boxers" all over her room... If you know what I is saying.

Reel

hahaha you know what I is saying..

Before this gets out of hand with berating me personally, I have to clarify that I was asking Ty that dumb question because I gave him access to my cable and was sincerely wondering if it worked down there.

PM me for free cable and I'll decide if you're cool enough ( you don't wanna miss Breaking Bad )

if it works in D.R. it should work anywhere..

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Reelist on August 12, 2012, 01:56:21 PM
hahaha you know what I is saying..

Before this gets out of hand with berating me personally, I have to clarify that I was asking Ty that dumb question because I gave him access to my cable and was sincerely wondering if it worked down there.

PM me for free cable and I'll decide if you're cool enough ( you don't wanna miss Breaking Bad )

if it works in D.R. it should work anywhere..

It didn't work actually.... And I missed the Kurosawa Marathon  :( 

But thanks anyways, is the thought that counts.

Reel

See, they don't get t.v. down there...

back to the discussion at hand.

Bigelow talk got me thinking hottest female directors. Hot as in attractive, yet also awesome.

Kathryn Bigelow

Samira Mahkhmalbaf (Iran)

Julie Delpy

Sofia Coppola

InTylerWeTrust

I got a hugeeee crush on sofia coppola... She's a terrible actress, but I love her movies and I just think she's fucking sexy.

Julie Delpy would get it too.

Reel

and now to totally kill your boner with:

The Great Big Fat Directors

Alfred Hitchcock

Francis Ford Coppola

Steve Mcqueen

I didn't include Orson Welles because he wasn't fat when made his best movie.

Stefen

^I'll do Sergio Leone since he pretty much ate the spaghetti western leaving no leftovers for anyone who showed up late.

Doing fat directors harkens back to why this thread was created in the first place and brings it full circle.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Guillermo Del Toro has to consume and digest at least four out of five upcoming projects to stay alive.
My house, my rules, my coffee