What comes after DVD's?... Keee beee neeee sheeelaaamaaa kaa

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 15, 2003, 12:36:55 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

I wonder what type of format will come after dvd's?... And when do you think this will all happen?...

It will be hell on earth for many dvd collectors when the new format hits the block....

chris

Duck Sauce

HD-DVD, probably 720p. I cant wait till 2160p60, but that is light years away. Anyways, probably in ten years discs will be out and something that we havent seen yet will be in.

Raikus

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooI wonder what type of format will come after dvd's?

Beta. Or Laserdisc. Retro will come back with a vengence.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ernie

Oh fuck...I literally can't think about it without getting a little depressed. My DVD's are my babies...I couldn't see how I could possibly replace them...or how I could possibly afford to even if I wanted to.

mindfuck

Actually, the next step is the "blue laser" DVDs. Same shit, different player and more space. And yes, they will be backwards compatible so your current DVDs will still play on the "new" players.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/03/04/blue.dvd.reut/

Ernie

Quote from: mindfuckActually, the next step is the "blue laser" DVDs. Same shit, different player and more space. And yes, they will be backwards compatible so your current DVDs will still play on the "new" players.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/03/04/blue.dvd.reut/

Sweet....I'm all for that. I mean, come on, it's common sense to me...they really should consider the money dvd collectors have spent and will continue to spend, should they make a player that works with dvd's...looks like they finally got it right.