Cohen Media: Ten Jacques Rivette Films and Recently Discovered Shorts Acquired for U.S. Distribution
U.S. label Cohen Media has announced that it has acquired the distribution rights for ten films directed by Jacques Rivette. The label has also secured the rights to three early, recently discovered shorts.
The newly licensed films will be digitally restored by Celluloid Dreams. Theatrical screenings are also planned for 2017.
Complete list of titles:
1. La Belle Noiseuse (1991)
2. The Beautiful Troublemaker (1991), re-edited shorter version of La Belle Noiseuse
3. The Gang of Four (1989)
4. Jeanne la Pucelle I - Les batailles a.k.a. Joan the Maiden: Part I (1994)
5. Jeanne la Pucelle II - Les batailles a.k.a. Joan the Maiden: Part II: The Prisons (1994)
6. Up, Down, Fragile (1995)
7. Secret Defense a.k.a. Top Secret (1998)
8. The Story of Marie and Julien (2003)
9. Love on the Ground (1984)
10. Wuthering Heights (1985)
11. Aux Quatre Coins (1949) - short, newly discovered
12. La Quadrille (1950) - short, newly discovered
13. La Divertissement (1952) - short
The label has also confirmed that it is working with Universal Studios on a brand new 4K restoration of James Whale's film The Old Dark House (1932), starring a very young Boris Karloff.
Another recent acquisition for the label is acclimated French helmer Philippe de Broca's film King of Hearts (1966), starring Alan Bates, Geneviève Bujold, and Pierre Brasseur.