"Mildred Pierce" (2011)

Started by wilder, March 28, 2011, 03:53:53 AM

wilder

Thought this deserved its own thread.

I just watched the first two episodes, and I think it might be the best thing I've ever seen come from HBO. The ground the first episode covers isn't earth-shattering but the storytelling is top shelf. Episode 2 begins delving into darker territory, with the nature of Mildred's relationship with her daughter Veda starting to take form. Did anyone else see it?

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

Reel

who are you, my mom? just tell me when Evan Rachel Wood gets naked.

Stefen

Quote from: Reelist on March 30, 2011, 09:23:19 AM

Evan Rachel Wood? Who are you, a little brother?

Kate Winslet. I want to see Kate Winslet get naked.  

Also, a character named Mildred is someone I can imagine Kate Winslet playing. She probably didn't even know about the story. Her agent was just like, "Okay, here's the scoop, you play a woman named Mildred.." and she was like, "I'm in!"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

^^ not quite but that's sort of what happened, I was with her while you were whining about natpo getting knocked up by a man-llerina.  :yabbse-cool:

Reel

Quote from: Stefen on March 30, 2011, 04:56:16 PM
Kate Winslet. I want to see Kate Winslet get naked.  

I've been seeing ol' Kate bare all for the past dozen years and it's never a letdown, but for me in my life right now it's time to see some Evan. I don't care about the rest of the show.

and yeah, I'm my brother's little brother

Stefen

Quote from: Fernando on March 30, 2011, 05:32:05 PM
^^ not quite but that's sort of what happened, I was with her while you were whining about natpo getting knocked up by a man-llerina.  :yabbse-cool:

NONE OF ANY OF THAT EVER HAPPENED!!!!!!  :yabbse-angry:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

samsong

part 5

Pas

Quote from: samsong on April 12, 2011, 09:26:46 AM

part 5

Ah! Sounds like a good series.