Author Topic: INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)  (Read 141444 times)

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +874
Re: INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)
« Reply #1020 on: December 28, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »
+5
It's funny to think that this is the only PTA film I didn't make a fuss over buying right when it came out. I still don't own the blu ray simply because I didn't see the point in revisiting it after my two theater viewings, I didn't feel the need to dig any deeper into it. Then, it just kind of came to me a second ago that maybe PTA was attempting to make the most dense stoner film of all time? Like, the go to quality those movies seem to shoot for is their rewatchability, that you can just throw it on at anytime, any scene, and have a laugh with your bros. It's probably the most universally reviled films by all his fans, though. I think what that speaks to is how adamantly he intended to make a Thomas Pynchon film over his own. That novel spoke to him so deeply, that he needed to propel it out there for us. I find that compelling. This movie is a beast to deal with, but I look forward to the day when I can sit on my couch, barefoot in the living room smoking a joint as fat as one doc would roll and really trying to get to the bottom of what this thing is about.

martinthewarrior

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +15
Re: INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)
« Reply #1021 on: December 29, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
+3
Said it before, and don't have much of substance to add while waiting for a delayed flight, but the tone of IV is better than the whole of most movies. I love IV, and it's climbed to maybe second place for me when it comes to PTA. I will never tire of crawling inside it for a viewing. I sincerely hope the cool reception doesn't doom the chance of more in this vein. Works for me completely.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy