Movie Quotes You Use Too Much In Real Life

Started by polkablues, April 29, 2010, 06:54:58 PM

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

my house is a mess, and has been for months. Whenever I need to get into the mood to fix it up, my mantra is "I will clean this house today"

If we're ever talking about how much we need to spend on some food we're ordering, I'm always delighted to yell "THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!!"

If I find myself saying "I'm hungry" out loud, I find it hard not to end the sentence with this:

then I have to tell my friends "it's a quote. there's no tacos."

If John Wayne is ever being discussed for any reason whatsoever, it kills me not to chime in with this:

Tictacbk

"________, so I'm not sweating it either." (Rushmore)

and of course...

polkablues

Pitch Perfect has usurped Mean Girls' place as the super-popular film that gets quoted all the damn time in my household.

- "Damn, prison changed you."

- "Make good choices!"

- "Not a good enough reason to use the word 'penetrate.'"

- "Yeah, no, don't put me down for cardio."

- "Nothing makes a woman feel more like a girl than a man who sings like a boy."
My house, my rules, my coffee

DocSportello

Quote from: children with angels on May 03, 2010, 10:57:10 AM

Haha, yeah I use that one quite a lot too. Though it's one of those quotations that doesn't obviously announce itself as a movie reference, so it can seem like you're passing it off as your own joke if the person doesn't know the film - this is a moral grey area: are you required to explain that it comes from Annie Hall, or do you let your friend think that you just made an excellent funny? Ah, the politics of movie quotes...

Whenever someone is laughing AT me and not with me, I always respond with a quick "Laugh it up, FUZZBALL." (Empire Strikes Back)

It happened to make my now girlfriend laugh every time while I was courting her, so I stuck with it without telling her it was a Star Wars quote. Mutual friend blew my cover. She still loves me but I don't quote that line anymore. Kinda lost it's magic.

max from fearless

"Let's get the f___ outta dodge" (from Swingers I think)

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" (from Mean Streets)

Reel

Whenever I'm looking for something I've misplaced or have forgotten what the thing is I'm looking for, I can't help but think of Rosanna Arquette's delivery of "what you are you looking for?!" the second time she says it (3:31)

Fuzzy Dunlop

WorldForgot

Fitzroy

If somebody invites me to an event or asks me to help out a little late in the game:

"I always wanted to be in one of your fucking plays."

Alethia

"Like Godzilla says to Mothra, man - let's go eat some place."

Reel

Everytime I see the figure of 12 dollars ( which is what is in my bank account right now )

Chris Rock in Dogma:

"know him? N**** owes me 12 bucks"