Bland Hack's latest sketch - "The Internet Goes to Washington"

Started by Gamblour., August 05, 2009, 04:35:07 AM

hedwig

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 21, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2009, 11:16:45 PM
Whenever you look around and you seem to be in the land where 'bits' matter.  Run, before it's too late.

What are you talking about?  you mean "comedy"?  How about you tell me what you do for a living and I'll shit on that.

making people laugh is deadly serious. you kind of put your soul on the line every time you do it.

Neil

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 21, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2009, 11:16:45 PM
Whenever you look around and you seem to be in the land where 'bits' matter.  Run, before it's too late.

What are you talking about?  you mean "comedy"?  How about you tell me what you do for a living and I'll shit on that.

I think the last sentence of your post pretty much sums it up.

and no, i was not referring to comedy in quotation marks.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Neil on October 21, 2009, 04:50:40 PM
I think the last sentence of your post pretty much sums it up.

Again, I don't think you're being straightforward with your intentions unless you're admitting that you were shitting on comedy (which I put in quotations because I was referring to your idea of comedy).

Anyway, sorry for muddying up your thread, Gamblour.  Keep up the good work.

Neil

This is as straight forward as possible.

I'm not shitting on comedy.  I also realize you said you weren't trying to crap on his short as you mentioned.  Maybe you were just pointing out that they were similar, i don't know, maybe there is some sort of unwritten thing comedians follow to let each other in on these sort of things.  I was just throwing my 2 cents in and saying that i wouldn't concern myself with such information.  Certainly we both would find the same type of circumstance or instance humorous, however, you would make it, and i would make it, definitely two different ways.  Same joke different delivery, or rather fuck the delivery.  that doesn't matter.

There is a moment.

Within that moment someone makes the choice to artistically maneuver.

Amy Poehler does not exist inside this moment i speak of, and neither does anyone else who isn't specifically involved.

Bland, I know.

This is as clear as i can be; which i do in fact realize is stupid, seeing as you weren't being a dick to gamblour or anything, but the whole parallel thinking thing isn't a part of the art itself, IMO. When i worry about that, nothing good comes out of it.  I guess you were just trying to say you share a common bond in writing of sketches, so i guess i'm the dick, or village idiot, or whatever.  my bad. just aggressive misunderstanding i suppose.

Funny short Gamblour.

Simpson's did it.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

I see what you're saying.  I disagree because in comedy, perception plays a big part and it's always good to be aware when something you're doing is so similar to something else... but I see what you're saying.

I took your "bit" comment as a statement of the unimportance of comedy, which I was a little quick to take offense to.

blah... nothing kills comedy like talking about it. 

Gamblour.

Neil, I appreciate your stance, but RK is right about perception and letting someone know they're ripping something off is totally in-bounds. It's like letting someone know that you used to sleep with the girl they're dating.
WWPTAD?

Gamblour.

So we are now featured on Atom.com's weekly showdown. It pits our video against another video for the week, and the winner gets $500 and a chance to be on Comedy Central.

I'm normally not so shameless, but if you guys could vote for us (and get all your friends to vote) that would be awesome. The voting ends Friday, so there's not much time (plus we're losing ground against the other video).

Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks!
WWPTAD?

matt35mm

ono

I voted in three different browsers.  Don't know if it worked, but you're welcome.  Merry Christmas.

Gamblour.

Thanks guys! I imagine a gleaming, gold Pesci tooth when you say, "Merry Christmassssssss."
WWPTAD?

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

polkablues

Sweet!  I don't have to feel bad about forgetting to vote anymore.  Congratulations!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Gamblour.

This is our latest short, and it took for fucking ever. We started in January, and shot over the course of four months and spent three months doing post and special effects. I would love love LOVE to see what you guys think. We worked really hard on this, and I'm pretty happy with it.
WWPTAD?