Bland Hack's latest sketch - "The Internet Goes to Washington"

Started by Gamblour., August 05, 2009, 04:35:07 AM

matt35mm

Gamblour.

Our video was featured on Bill O'Reilly as one of the Dumbest Things of the Week.

I couldn't be prouder. My life goal of being called "stupid" and "useless" by Bill O'Reilly is complete.
WWPTAD?

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

works fine for me.

that's hilarious, he doesn't even seem all that outraged about it. the woman says something that she was probably told to say anyway and then bill says it for her since she's not delivering it properly. also the guy thinks your in england.. uh, you're not, are you?

also, every time i see this thread i think it says BLACK HAND.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Quote from: P|/_ on October 05, 2009, 09:35:12 PM
also the guy thinks your in england.. uh, you're not, are you?

Haha, nope. Atlanta. Yeah, if the accents aren't a dead give away, that guy on O'Reilly (or ANY of them) could've done a bit of research.

also, every time i see this thread i think it says BLACK HAND.

That's what we were originally called...but it was already taken. A Spoonerism later and tada.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

that link rick rolld me... who the eff rickrolls anymore and why would that happen with YOUR link?

Pozer

that was awesome.

also the guy thinks your in england..

also the guy thinks it's funny. he tried to blame his laughing at the clip on England special effects.

RegularKarate

okay, worked for me this time.  That's great.  Congrats.  Only goes to show how funny it is.  Nuts like this only get mad at funny stuff.

Fernando

Quote from: Gamblour. on October 05, 2009, 08:57:56 PM
I couldn't be prouder. My life goal of being called "stupid" and "useless" by Bill O'Reilly is complete.

hahaha, awesome vid indeed, they almost did it like:

girl: ill tel ya bill its the funniest thing!
guy: yes! england is fun
douche o'really: so you didn't like it because it wasnt fun...
girl&guy: yes bill.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

That's a funny video and I'm not trying to crap on it... I promise, but that's the premise of a bit done on Weekend Update in 2004.  Amy Poehler plays with the "Bump-it" and it starts getting sexual (saying "oh yeah" etc...) until it basically cums I think she even rolls her eyes while she's doing it.  It's very similar to your video.

I've been writing sketches for a couple years and this happens to me all the time.  I think I have an original idea then I find out SNL or Conan or someone already did almost the exact same thing.  Sometimes it's because I saw the bit and forgot about it, but most of the time it's because of legitimate parallel thinking.

Doesn't mean it's not a good bit, it's just something people will probably notice and say something about.

Gamblour.

Oh damn, that's crazy. Yeah, I know what you mean. We did a skit about waterboarding over a year ago that Colbert did something pretty similar to a few weeks later.
WWPTAD?

Neil

Whenever you look around and you seem to be in the land where 'bits' matter.  Run, before it's too late.

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2009, 11:16:45 PM
Whenever you look around and you seem to be in the land where 'bits' matter.  Run, before it's too late.

What are you talking about?  you mean "comedy"?  How about you tell me what you do for a living and I'll shit on that.