Hung

Started by modage, June 30, 2009, 03:32:14 PM

ono

It took 17 episodes for this show to get really good, but I'm glad I stuck around.  This past weekend's episode was the best yet.  Beautiful, copious, gratuitous nudity to open didn't hurt either.  Loving Tanya and the pimp.  "I just fucked an artsy white woman -- check."

ono

Epic.  Damon had it right.  That last episode was epic.  Third Base or The Rash, indeed.  And no Lenore, either!  Mixed feelings about that one.  Tanya running to the right field fence, then Jessica's cheer.  Wow, that episode was near perfect.

Fernando

yeah, this is getting better, tanya running was hilarious actually, she behaves like a frighten poodle.

only thing i miss about these latter episodes is no leonore vs tanya, i love when she calls her pea brain.

ono

It's back.  And whilst watching the "Previously on Hung" extra-long recap I was reminded of how fun this show is.  The characters are all likable and the show makes ya feel good.  "Happiness Consultants", indeed.  Lenore's got her own ho now, so things are about to get interesting.  The Ray and Tanya friendship dynamic is really what makes the show.  And what's that?  Michaela Watkins, this is where you wind up after getting fired from SNL?  Lesbian love scene?  Okay!

squints

www.avclub.com/articles/thomas-jane,62539/

I guess thomas jane will never work with PTA again cause he pissed on his lawn?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: squints on October 05, 2011, 02:52:23 PM
www.avclub.com/articles/thomas-jane,62539/

I guess thomas jane will never work with PTA again cause he pissed on his lawn?

no, after reading the relevant section i am pretty sure the reason he won't work with PTA again is cos he's a fucking idiot.

QuoteBoogie Nights (1997)—"Todd Parker" / Magnolia (1999)—"Young Jimmy Gator"
AVC: How did you find your way into the Paul Thomas Anderson camp?

TJ: I auditioned. The casting director [Christine Sheaks], I think I'd auditioned for her in the past or something, and she knew that I was good. And she brought me in, and I auditioned. I remember doing improv for Paul. For a really long time. [Laughs.] And then he brought in John C. Reilly, and I was doing improv with John C. Reilly, and we both kind of fell right into our characters. And that was that. It was really great. I wish he'd call me back to the fold. I liked working with him, and there's not a lot of guys like Paul around. But we, uh, got in a fight years ago over something stupid. Like, me peeing on his lawn.

AVC: Should I ask how that came about?

TJ: Oh, just being drunk and stupid.

AVC: I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.

TJ: [Laughs.] Yeah, I guess.

AVC: Presumably that took place after you did Magnolia?
TJ: Yeah. Oh yeah. [Laughs.] Yeah, with Magnolia, I was supposed to play two parts. But again, Paul got mad at me. Because I took another movie. I wanted to work with Gene Hackman, so I took this Gene Hackman film [Under Suspicion], but the schedule overlapped into Magnolia, and so I couldn't play the two parts in Magnolia. I had to only play one. Paul never forgave me. And the movie with Gene Hackman, of course, has been totally forgotten.

i guess he could have played brad the bartender since that would make two characters from the past making appearances in the present behind a counter. just a guess.

if he read the Magnolia script and then turned it down because he wanted to work with gene hackman in Under Suspicion then he deserves to never be in a good movie ever again (which seems likely since he peaked more than 10 years ago).

is he surprised that Under Suspicion is totally forgotten?  what - a - dumbass.
under the paving stones.

theyarelegion

HBO cancelled this show, along with Bored To Death and How to Make It in America.

Pubrick

Good fucking riddance. Refer to my previous post.
under the paving stones.