NORM (great TV moments)

Started by RegularKarate, June 02, 2009, 01:00:08 PM

john

Quote from: Reelist on June 23, 2011, 11:05:44 PM
it kinda depressed me that he had to do a show about sports, since I hate them. Didn't they cancel Onion Sportsdome too? ehh, who needs 'em. It's called COMEDY central for a reason. Idk what I'd like to see him do next, an hour of standup would be cool. I guess it all boils down to what Norm can handle.

My interest in sports is passive at best. My interest in sports commentary is even less. My enthusiasm for Norm, however, is as strong as it's been since his SNL days.

Even so, I didn't watch this show for quite some time because I felt the same way you do. Turns out, I was completely wrong. I should have realized the fact that the show has a sports focus is secondary to Macdonald's incredible wit. It's very good, very funny, very accessible and it was nice to have a regularly scheduled outlet for his humor. Shame it was cancelled.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

cronopio 2

i flat-out hate sports, and sports show with norm macdonald was like a friend of mine who's really into sports and even works on a sports network and he makes them bearable for me. i'm honestly going to miss this funny show.
i saw the first 20 minutes of his stand-up show but it didn't look good. still, norm macdonald is probably my favorite comedian.

Reel

I love his old dating game joke:

" Bachelor number 2, what would you do to me if I were a popsicle?"
" well, I guess I'd take off your wrapper, and grab ahold of your sticks, and press you against the kitchen counter until you broke in two. then I'd save half of you in the freezer for later. "

Tictacbk

Norm's last appearance on Letterman.  Real classy.