MacGuffin

Best Female Performance: Kate Winslet in Revolutionary Road

THE NOMINEES

Anne Hathaway – Rachel Getting Married
Sally Hawkins - Happy-Go-Lucky
Meryl Streep - Doubt
Michelle Williams - Wendy and Lucy
Kate Winslet - Revolutionary Road
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Pas

Good at least here she won for the right performance.

Sleepless

I would have said Kate was the second surest thing after Heath... but you go girl. Undoubtedly deserved. And, yes, Pas Rap - for the right film. Silly Oscar voters!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

modage

seriously, you guys, Rachel Getting Married is like the best thing ever.  but yeah if it was going to be Winslet at least it wasn't The Reader.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I liked RGM, but Hathaway is just a n00b. Kate Winslet is Darth Vader. She used to be all teenagey and angsty, but now she's an adult and a certified badass. Hathaway is Luke Skywaler in A New Hope. Whiny, young, hasn't reached her full potential yet. Get's pwned by Vader all the time. Also, Bride Wars.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

^^  :laughing:

So of course I voted for Kate but Meryl was great in doubt too, and sadly that's the only films I saw of this category.

Alexandro

RegularKarate

Wow, I saw NONE of these movies. 

Pas

haha yeah Anne lost all the awards she might've had because of Bride Wars. What a dumb bitch to have done a movie with such a premise.