The 2009 Xixax Awards: NOMINATE!

Started by MacGuffin, February 23, 2009, 03:12:32 AM

MacGuffin

Because the Tues after the ballots are to be due releases a slew of films of DVD (Let The Right One In, Milk, Synecdoche, Rachel/Married, Happy Go Lucky), we will extend the due date one week.

Ballots are now due March 16th!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Redlum

FYC:

Best supporting actor
Jason Butler Harner
in Changeling

I look forward to more stuff from this guy.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Fernando

Quote from: picolas on March 02, 2009, 02:52:23 AM
some important ones i think might get overlooked..

sup: Emile Hirsch - Milk

I support the above, also:

FYC

Andrew Stanton. Best Director, Screenplay.

Leo and Kate for Lead, and Michael Shannon for supporting.

MacGuffin

FINAL DAYS!!!

GET THOSE BALLOTS IN!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

yes. be sure to.. let.. the.. right nominees in... to your ballots.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Is this thing on??!!

Even if it's a partial ballot, we want it. Confused about lead/supporting? Send it in. We'll sort it out for you.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

squints

samantha morton. leading? supporting?

edit: actually. what about all the women in synecdoche?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Quote from: squints on March 16, 2009, 04:13:16 PM
samantha morton. leading? supporting?

edit: actually. what about all the women in synecdoche?

Supporting.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

Fuck I was too busy with work, totally forgot. Requesting extension til tomorrow morning?
WWPTAD?