A bedtime commentary

Started by kotte, June 05, 2003, 12:20:32 PM

kotte

Every night before I go to sleep I put on a PTA commentary. I love hearing people talk when I go to sleep...especially PTA. Occasionally I listen to the Requiem for a Dream commentary with Darren Aronofsky or Christopher Nolan on Following.

I know this is crazy and that I should play music instead but I just love this...it's so inspiring to listen to one of the greats before falling to sleep... :-D

Chris

ono

Heh, actually, I think that's a damn good idea.  Nothing like having the thoughts of geniuses flood your subconscious while you aren't doing much of anything else.  :)

xerxes

that does seem a bit strange to me, but hey, if it works... i usually just play some music though.

Pwaybloe

Does anyone have to listen to listen to traffic to fall asleep?  

Ever since I moved out of the country into a more metro area, I have a hard time falling asleep in rural settings.  It gets too quiet.

Izn't dat veird?

aclockworkjj

I need a fan going in order to fall esleep....not for the breeze as much as just the sound of it...I can't sleep in dead silence at all...

jasper_window

I used to listen to the Boogie Nights commentary every night as I was falling alseep.  Then I did Out of Sight or The Limey, which was too funny to fall asleep to.  Now it's usually just the film itself

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: kotteEvery night before I go to sleep I put on a PTA commentary. I love hearing people talk when I go to sleep...especially PTA. Occasionally I listen to the Requiem for a Dream commentary with Darren Aronofsky or Christopher Nolan on Following.

I know this is crazy and that I should play music instead but I just love this...it's so inspiring to listen to one of the greats before falling to sleep... :-D

Chris

wow thats so weird so do i, its great its like reading when you can read because your too tired

i have heard so many differnt commentarys, some from people i dont even care about just so i can hear it in the background

godardian

Commentaries work- I especially like anything in an English or Australian accent, Nic Roeg's Walkabout commentary is brilliant in both waking and semi-sleeping states- but as long as the TV is on, I feel comfortable going to sleep. I usually at least try to switch it off before I finally drift off, though... my other half doesn't appreciate waking up and discovering the TV's been on all night.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Cecil

thats weird. i need to masturbate, thought everyone else did as well.

phil marlowe

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi need to masturbate
shure but if you people like to sleep to a commentary wich i do then try something robert altman. that guy has a very relaxing voice.

©brad

Quote from: PawbloeDoes anyone have to listen to listen to traffic to fall asleep?  

Ever since I moved out of the country into a more metro area, I have a hard time falling asleep in rural settings.  It gets too quiet.

Izn't dat veird?

like in my cousin vinny when vinny can't get any sleep in the country but sleeps like a baby in the jail that's all loud and crazy. like that right? yea.

BrainSushi

I would do that, but my only DVD player is my PlayStation2, which is one loud mother fucker, with that fan always spinning. Plus, I'd wake up to a menu screen an a scorching hot PS2. I don't like leaving that thing on.

I need a real DVD player.

kotte

Time to wake a thread from the dead...

Just got the two commentary tracks from Hard Eight over to my minidisc. Now I can sleep well on the road. Nice.

Another good one to fall asleep to is Tigerland ot Phone Booth. A very relaxing voice, that Schumacher. Don't kill me for that one.

Spike

So, your TV's running all the night?
I mean, when you put on the commentary and you lie into your bed, you'll fall asleep and the TV will run until you wake up.
My mum would kill me.

By the way: I like Morgan Freemans voice on the "Se7en"-commentary.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

kotte

Quote from: SpikeSo, your TV's running all the night?
I mean, when you put on the commentary and you lie into your bed, you'll fall asleep and the TV will run until you wake up.
My mum would kill me.

By the way: I like Morgan Freemans voice on the "Se7en"-commentary.

I live alone so that's no problem :)  but no, it doesn't run all night. I have a timer and I set it on 2 hours. No less than 2 hours. I fucking hate being on the verge of falling asleep with a soft voive in the background and *snap* total silence. Silence hasn't been louder.