Boogie Nights

Started by Subotai, March 07, 2003, 03:51:31 PM

Subotai

I'm a big PT anderson fan. Is is worth getting the ultra special edition dvd ? I currently own the original platinum edition. Any fan out there got it and thought is was worth it.

bonanzataz

Better transfer, new commentary. Go for it if you got the cash.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

xerxes

MacGuffin

Quote from: BILLYBROWNI'm a big PT anderson fan.

Do you really have to ask this question then?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dirk

The John C. Reilly files extra is worth the DVD alone.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Ravi

Quote from: mogwaiToo bad the edited version of Exhausted was excluded.

I thought "Exhausted" was only included on the review copies of the 2-disc version?

sphinx

Dendy

you must!

It has the becky/jerome/carcrash deleted scene which is undenyably cool.

Some of the best editing/camera work/music/cinematog. etc.

please do. please.
"The Dude Abides"

snaporaz

i always thought it sucked how michael penn's squibbs are visible before they go off in the try music video.

modage

Watch: 'Boogie Nights' Inspiration 'Exhausted: John C. Holmes, The Real Story Story' With PTA Commentary
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2013/03/watch-boogie-nights-inspiration.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

this is a few months old but I dont think it has been posted here.

it's marky mark on kimmel singing The Touch

Link

Source AV Club

Reel

MacGuffin

The Doritos Crash The Super Bowl 2014 contest is underway, where folks create and submit 30-second Doritos spots with the winner getting aired during the big game. And this entry from Chris Brailey and Sam Bright is a clever riff on PTA's flick, with a director and two techs shooting a very messy and naughty sounding scene, until it's revealed what's actually going on. Not bad. Check it out below.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

that is hilarious and props to whoever thought of that.

Sleepless

Anyone else get a Malware warning clicking through to this thread? Says ptanderson is a known malware/compromised site.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.