I Heart Huckabees

Started by MacGuffin, February 15, 2004, 10:47:22 PM

RegularKarate

You're both wrong about Adult Swim.

I've been with Adult Swim for quite some time now.  And some of it (the more boring stuff) IS just random crap and everything thinks it's funny, but a lot of it is imaginitive and effin hilarious.

And Uncle Joey, because you tried to lay some bullshit like that, I AM better than you.

Sleuth

Hm, is Bear City somehow related to Adult Swim?
I like to hug dogs

meatwad

damn, i better change my name quick

UncleJoey

Quote from: RegularKarateAnd Uncle Joey, because you tried to lay some bullshit like that, I AM better than you.

That must be comforting to know.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

classical gas

so, can we still agree that "Mr. Show" is great?

RegularKarate

No way, Mr. Show is WAY too random.  We now strictly demand humor that is obvious and boring.

UncleJoey

Quote from: RegularKarateNo way, Mr. Show is WAY too random.  We now strictly demand humor that is obvious and boring.

Now you're talking!

I just don't like most of the shows on Adult Swim (I say most because I love Family Guy, which I believe is featured on Adult Swim now. Might be wrong). Sorry. Personally, I see a big difference between Adult Swim and programs like Mr. Show. Perhaps, my beef is less with the style of Adult Swim and more about how they use it. Anyways, I think you have to admit that there are a lot of people that just enjoy the image of liking Adult Swim style shows, rather than actually having a genuine appreciation for them. I'm not pointing the finger at you personally, just pointing out that there are a lot of people like that out there.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

RegularKarate

I don't think you're right though... maybe you have had some weird experiances with Adult Swim fans, but I just don't see many people who pretend to like it.

There are a lot of shows on Adult Swim that are just okay or are bad, but Aqua Teen Hunger Force... especially the first two seasons is great.

And you can NOT complain about random bullshit getting easy laughs if you like the Family Guy because half that shit is just *kinda lame joke* WHAM - Gorilla bursts through the door and poops in the kitchen * WAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!

and Trem, Bear City is more Conan Obrien style than Adult Swim Style and I wouldn't call it random humor either, it's pretty upfront about what's going on... there isn't anything that odd in it, really.

SHAFTR

Quote from: UncleJoey. Anyways, I think you have to admit that there are a lot of people that just enjoy the image of liking Adult Swim style shows, rather than actually having a genuine appreciation for them. I'm not pointing the finger at you personally, just pointing out that there are a lot of people like that out there.

There are people like that no matter what the topic.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarateand Trem, Bear City is more Conan Obrien style than Adult Swim Style and I wouldn't call it random humor either, it's pretty upfront about what's going on... there isn't anything that odd in it, really.

I know, but I just hated it so much and I needed to vent.  Thanks for listening bro
I like to hug dogs

cine

We all need a place to vent, sleuth.

UncleJoey

Quote from: RegularKarateAnd you can NOT complain about random bullshit getting easy laughs if you like the Family Guy because half that shit is just *kinda lame joke* WHAM - Gorilla bursts through the door and poops in the kitchen * WAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!

Well, I wasn't really complaining about random stuff getting laughs. I was complaining that I don't laugh at most of the random stuff some Adult Swim shows use. I laugh at Family Guy's. It's just a matter of taste. Like I said in my last post, I was complaing about how Adult Swim uses the style, not the style itself.

Quote from: SHAFTRThere are people like that no matter what the topic.

Well, obviously. That portion of the population just seems over-represented among Adult Swim fans.

cine

Pozer

Quote from: CinephileFuckabees
What does that mean?!

cine

WATCH THE MOVIE AND THEN COME BACK TO THE THREAD AND ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU LIKE.

THANK YOU!  :-D