What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

Cathartic Cleansing

Ok I know the movie isn’t out yet but I wanted to post this theory of how the trilogy will end. Maybe it’s not so much a theory but the way I would like to see it end. This is just my opinion so be warned just in case this turns out to be a spoiler.

There is a Matrix within a Matrix. It had to be this way so that the machines could raise Neo. Yes, Neo is a machine. The Machines, being designed by humans and molded from a human intellect, realize that the thing they lack is the human spirit. The only way they can achieve this advanced code is to raise a machine that thinks it is human, Neo. The Oracle is a machine and probably one of  Neo’s initial programmers. She prophesied Neo to be the one because the machines know the only way that the programming of “The One” can be complete is after overcoming extreme adversity. The Machines have been well aware of Zion for ever, but only now that Neo is near completion can they finally get rid of Zion. In the end Neo will become aware of what he is and now that he has the programming of the human spirit he will be faced with the ultimate human dilemma, He must shut down both Matrixes and sacrifice himself to save the human race. This makes him the perfect machine and just as our advancement once became our demise, the machine’s advancements will become theirs.

Love to hear what you all think
If you sit and believe, you can acheive
If you sit and accept, you don't know, what's correct
or incorrect-- KRS-ONE

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cathartic CleansingLove to hear what you all think

I think I'll wait until Nov. 5th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

if the desert of the real is a matrix, that destroys the first film, And that's the only one I think is good so far.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Banky

rustinglass take another Look at Reloaded on DVD because you might have a change of heart

©brad

if this is going to be the official revolutions thread, can we rename it to-- "so what did you think about the matrix revolutions"? just cuz...

what am i talking about. i can do it myself.

Banky

posted September 25

Quote from: BankyMac is this gonna be the official Matrix Revolutions thread?

(in regards to another matrix thread (hot potato)

Quote from: MacguffinAfter 13 pages I would think so.

Quote from: Bankywill it be moved to now showing when the movie comes
out what about for old times   "What did you think of Matrix Revolutions?"

great minds think a like

Sleuth

Haha, Banky, why do you have such a hardon for getting that thread to be the biggest?
I like to hug dogs

Banky

read it again i messed up and had to re edit.  No i was just pointing out that i also said that the new Revolutions thread should be called "What did you think of the Matrix Revolutions"

Weak2ndAct

Thread title arguments aside, CC, I wholeheartedly disagree w/ your Mw/inM theory.  This talk has been floating around the web for months now.  Just watch the new full-length trailer for Revolutions and see what's really happening.  Spoiler-swipe the hidden text for a closer guesstimate of what's going to happen...

Okay.  Neo and Trinity are going to have to go to machine city (01) and make a truce of sorts (they're flying the Logos there in the trailer, and Neo stops the squiddies w/ his newfound power) w/ the machines.  They both need each other-- clearly stated in the Anthony Zerbe scene in Reloaded.  Smith has corrupted the whole matrix and the only way they'll be able to stop it is to jack Neo in to defeat him.  My guess?  Smith is assimilating Neo and they pull the plug on him.

Banky

NO SPOILERS ON THREAD UNTIL MOVIE IS RELEASED

please

Weak2ndAct

IT'S A FUCKING EDUCATED GUESS FROM WHAT I SAW IN THE TRAILER.  NO LEGITIMATE SPOILERS.  CALM YOURSELF.

Banky

hey now, i said please.  dont get all antsy in your pansty.

Cathartic Cleansing

What's up with that kid, I forgot his name but the one in Zion that's always following Neo around? One of the animations from Animatrix was all about him. Reloaded gives him a lot of focus for his character to not go anywhere. My first thought is that he was going to be the real "The One" but I don't think so, so much anymore. I do think however that his role will be pivotal in the revolutions even though you never see him in the trailer.
If you sit and believe, you can acheive
If you sit and accept, you don't know, what's correct
or incorrect-- KRS-ONE

picolas

Quote from: Cathartic CleansingI do think however that his role will be pivotal in the revolutions even though you never see him in the trailer.

yeah. maybe he'll, like, die or something.

ShanghaiOrange

At the end of Revolutions, Iron Maiden will suddenly start playing. Neo will be violently sucked out of the Matrix. Cut to a bedroom. Ted Logan wakes up with a jolt. He calls his friend on the telephone and says, "Bill, I just had a most excellent nightmare!"
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***