The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

Gamblour.

Quote from: GhostboyI haven't seen the short, but I've always thought Guerilla Shooting was more about how you did it, rather than who or what you used to do it.

Hmm could be, but when I hear guerilla, I think of more of a rough, risky, bare-bones way of doing things. More ragtag than anything. The short didn't seem hastily done or anything, but I could be wrong.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Gamblor du Jour
Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Gamblor du Jour
the Long and Short of it (which the short itself sucked).

..... :shock: ..WTF???????.that was guerilla filmaking at it's Zenith......

Guerilla...having some of the most experienced, talented professionals at your disposal at the site of the biggest trilogy of all time with any equipment you'd want...really guerilla.

......i forgot to click this " :wink: " at the end of my previous post....i thought it was funnnny that you mentioned in an earlier post about austinn's short becuase it was the dumbest sh*t i have ever seen(next to a clark film)....

..and i think guerrilla is how, and not with what annd whom with....

Gamblour.

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
......i forgot to click this " :wink: " at the end of my previous post....i thought it was funnnny that you mentioned in an earlier post about austinn's short becuase it was the dumbest sh*t i have ever seen(next to a clark film)....

..and i think guerrilla is how, and not with what annd whom with....

Ahhh, I understand now. I knew I picked up some of that Neon Mercury sarcasm. It takes a fine eye to perceive it.
WWPTAD?

©brad

reviews are pouring in, and most of them are excellent.

Ghostboy

I really wish I didn't have to work today. I'm dying to see the marathon. Of course, it sold out in Dallas in less than an hour in October, but I could make my own at home with the extended editions, and then go see ROTK first thing tomorrow morning. I'm getting excited as hell about seeing it again.

Find Your Magali

Anybody going to see a midnight showing tonight? I am. ... Not that I'm not a geek (I am), but I'm doing it more because of the facts that (1) I have utterly ZERO free time during my days and nights for the rest of the month and (2) since I'm a night person, I'd be awake from midnight to 3 a.m., anyway, winding down from work, so since I'm awake, I might as well check out this little art film with the elves and orcs.

©brad

harry knowles reviews return of the king:

"I've already given 6 hours and 44 minutes of my life over to RETURN OF THE KING, I've seen it twice. On Tuesday, I'll see it again, and after that, I imagine I'll see it 3 more times by the end of the week.
This is frankly one of the greatest films ever made. It towers over the other so-called epics of the year in a way that one could only imagine it was like when INTOLERANCE was released 87 years ago. ..."

read the rest here. http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16667

Gamblour.

Quote from: Find Your MagaliAnybody going to see a midnight showing tonight? I am. ...
Hell yeah man, I'm gonna get there at around 10 just to get a good place in line. We were gonna dress up, because my roommate does a killer impression of Gollum and I have hairy feet, but I think we gave up.
WWPTAD?

Raikus

Amazing. 44 reviews at Rotten Tomatoes so far and none of them bad. Has a movie every garnered a 100% rating?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheLordoftheRingsTheReturnoftheKing-1127213/
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: RaikusAmazing. 44 reviews at Rotten Tomatoes so far and none of them bad. Has a movie every garnered a 100% rating?

Other than a small movie with 2 reviews, no. I think Finding Nemo came the closest with a 98% approval rating after it was all said and done. I doubt Return of the King will get 100% simply because if one critic I know reviews it, he will shit tank it. I know there are others who carry a strong dislike for the trilogy. I'm part of that group as well, but I'll admit if Return of the King is good. I just don't expect it to be.

Kal

Bought my tickets on movietickets.com... I feel like the fucking looser from the comercial... but I had no time to go to buy it myself and I'm going tonite at 12:01... wooohoo I cant wait... my precious!!!

kotte

The film is simply amazing.

I can't really find words to describe it yet but it'll come to me soon.

Just Withnail

If I wasn't crying because of the emotional weight of the film, I'd be crying because it's over now. I've seen the last piece of the puzzle, and I suspect many of you others have as well by now. Like kotte, I need to rearrange my thoughts, this just stacked them like a deck of cards, and floored me while doing it.

Edit: Spelling

modage

killing the last few minutes before i head off to the midnite show here.  didnt plan on going till tomorrow but got the tickets today on a whim.  i am pretty excited.  curious as to how many here did the trilogy tuesday today?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Just got back from it. Goddamn, that movie's long.

Maybe it's because I'm running on less than 5 hours sleep, but even after FOTR and TTT, I have this feeling of disappointment that eventually goes away with subsequent viewings and gets annihilated with the extended dvd release. I'll wait till more people have seen it to post what I think should've happened (perhaps because I half expected it, not having read the books).
WWPTAD?