Superman Returns

Started by MacGuffin, January 16, 2003, 10:28:43 AM

pete

mcG, michael bay, and brett ratner all are the same person aren't they?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Quote from: jasper_windowAccording to AICN, via Michael Bay's website, Bay is going to direct Superman.
i hope this happens.  superman is really not a character i'm that interested in, but i think bay will be perfect for it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: petemcG, michael bay, and brett ratner all are the same person aren't they?

THAT would be awesome.

Just Withnail

LaBeouf, Johansson & Depp Up for Superman?
Source: USA Today Friday, July 9, 2004

USA Today caught up with I, Robot star Shia LaBeouf at the film's premiere and he revealed interesting casting bits about Warner Bros.' new Superman movie, which the newspaper says will begin filming in November.

"I met with McG (the director) today and talked about Jimmy Olsen and who's going to be playing who," said LaBeouf. "The production's so locked down they said I can't even take the script home. I have to go to Warner Bros. (studio) to read it and then leave it there."

LaBeouf may not have left with a script, but he did leave with some intriguing casting info, the article says. Mainly, Jake Gyllenhaal is apparently no longer in the running for Superman.

"They're going to go with an unknown," said LaBeouf, adding that McG is trying to lure Scarlett Johansson for Lois Lane and Johnny Depp for Lex Luthor.

modage

Director McG Officially Off of Superman
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Sunday, July 11, 2004

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the rumors and debunked what actor Shia LaBeouf said last week regarding casting...

Director McG is no longer attached to the next installment of Warner Bros. Pictures' "Superman." A Warners spokesperson confirmed that the studio and the director have amicably parted ways. The primary reason given was the inability of the two parties to agree over a budget. Casting also was an issue. Part of the conflict between the director and the studio was the shooting location. McG favored a New York shoot, while the studio favored Australia.

Stay tuned for who may be replacing McG.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: themodernage02Director McG Officially Off of Superman
Let us all rejoice!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: petemcG, michael bay, and brett ratner all are the same person aren't they?

Actually, if Michael Bay is represented as "a", McG as "b", and Ratner as "c"; and plug them into the quadratic formula:

x can be figured out to be both Jan de Bont AND Simon West.  Go figure.

ono

Cute, but that's not the quadratic formula.  Not your fault, that site looks rather craptacular at first glance.

/geek

Wait, WTF am I doing in the Superman thread anyway?

Just Withnail

According to aintitcool, everybody's fired, all old concepts down the drain, and to rescue this potential trainwreck, Warner has brought in Bryan Singer (!) and his X2 writers! Can I post the entire article here, or will someone (aintitcool) get pissed?

mogwai

we'll be pissed off if you post any blatant lies from ain't it cool.

Ghostboy

The article.

This is one of those things that's probably more than likely mostly true. I think the 'continuation' aspect is a great direction to take, and bringing on the X2 team is a sign that people at WB are developing brains, but I guess I've always just liked X-Men more than Superman, and I'd hate to see Bryan Singer pass up the chance to do the third one.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ghostboy//The%20article.

Ummm....you forgot the article.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

That happens sometime when I type code early in the morning.

Raikus

Humina, humina, humina.

As long as it doesn't interfere with X3's premiere, I'm more than happy getting Singer on Superman and waiting for Logan's Run. I can't wait to see how he makes Supes take on the giant spider...
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.