official Mary-Kate & Ashley appreciation thread

Started by MacGuffin, August 13, 2003, 05:21:40 PM

MacGuffin

Principal Photography Begins on New York Minute
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Principal photography has commenced in Toronto on the Warner Bros. Pictures action comedy New York Minute, starring Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen. The film, which will also lens on location in New York City, marks Mary-Kate and Ashley's return to theatrical features. New York Minute also stars Eugene Levy. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

A Dualstar Productions / Di Novi Pictures production for Warner Bros. Pictures, New York Minute is directed by Dennie Gordon and produced by Denise Di Novi, Robert Thorne, Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen. Alison Greenspan is the film's executive producer, with Christine Sacani and Jill Zimmerman serving as co-producers. The story is by Emily Fox, and the screenplay is by Emily Fox and Adam Cooper & William Collage.

"We're fortunate and thrilled to have assembled a fantastic team behind camera and a terrific cast," said Mary-Kate. Added Ashley, "This picture has something for everyone."

In the tradition of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the action comedy follows one monumental day in the lives of 17-year-old sisters Jane and Roxanne Ryan, adversaries who begrudgingly journey together from their Long Island home to New York City, where meticulously prepared overachiever Jane (Ashley) is due to deliver a speech to qualify for a prestigious college scholarship abroad. Meanwhile, laid-back punk rock rebel Roxy (Mary-Kate) hopes to get backstage at an underground music video shoot and slip her demo tape to the band. But Roxy's and Jane's plans go wildly awry when a mix-up involving Jane's precious day planner lands them in the middle of a shady black market transaction. Pursued by an overzealous truant officer (Eugene Levy) and accused of kidnapping a Senator's dog, the Ryans must find a way to work together to thwart the forces threatening to jeopardize Jane's college dreams and ship Roxy off to a convent school.

Joining the cast of New York Minute are Andy Richter as a limousine driver with a sinister agenda; Darrell Hammond as a business executive who has comedic encounters with Roxy and Jane on their way to the city; Andrea Martin as Anne Baxter-Lipton, a high-powered Senator determined to recover her dog; Jared Padalecki as Trey, Senator Baxter-Lipton's badboy son who becomes Roxy and Jane's unexpected ally; Riley Smith as a charismatic bike messenger who gets swept up in the turmoil of the day; Mary Bond Davis as beautician Big Shirl, who helps a disheveled and distraught Jane prepare for her speech; and radio personality Dr. Drew, who makes his feature film debut as Roxy and Jane's father.

Lava Records/Atlantic recording artists Simple Plan, the Canadian punk pop buzz band nominated as Best New Artist at this year's MTV Video Music Awards (for their new video "Addicted"), appear in New York Minute, including performing a brand new song live at an underground music video shoot staged in the streets of New York City. Mary-Kate and Ashley will also be at this year's MTV Video Music Awards as presenters for the second year in a row.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

hellz yeah, this is gonna be shit. i'm totally there.
under the paving stones.

Lucinda Bryte

Sleuth

Andy Richter talked about this last night on Conan  :cry:

Him and Darrell Hammond are talented :cry:
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothAndy Richter  and Darrell Hammond are talented

1. conan is MUCH better show now that he is gone(andy was not funny)

2......umm....?......hmm......?........possibly

SoNowThen

the olsen twins need to pose for playboy soon. for me. it's a good cause.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: tremoloslothAndy Richter  and Darrell Hammond are talented

1. conan is MUCH better show now that he is gone(andy was not funny)

2......umm....?......hmm......?........possibly

I agree that Late Night is better now, but I don't think it's because of Andy's absence.  I think Conan had to really try a lot harder (success)
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Jack Osbourne in a New York Minute
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

MTV reality star Jack Osbourne will make his feature acting debut in the Olsen twins' comedy New York Minute, which director Dennie Gordon is currently shooting in Toronto.

He will play the young manager of a band featuring Mary-Kate Olsen's character, a 17-year-old punk-rock rebel named Roxy. Ashley Olsen will play her twin sister, Jane, an overachiever looking to qualify for a prestigious college scholarship.

The Warner Bros. feature follows a day in the lives of the duo, who find themselves caught in various mix-ups.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

The publicists should be put to death for using the phrase "In the tradition of Ferris Bueller's Day Off..." to describe this movie.

cine

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedwhat an original plot

Yes, I wonder if the Olsens wrote that concept up all by themselves.

Seriously though, those sluts should be so goddamn happy that they're twins. So successful.. their own company.. fuck, I'm no Olsens expert but they're rolling in dough because they're slutty twins. That's right. Slutty. And you know these bitches fuck guys each and every night. But we all look at them as goody-goody girls.... yeah... goody-goody... loose.. sluts.
They should both die in a car wreck. A big fuckin' car wreck..
Or pose nude in playboy. One of the two.

Alethia

RegularKarate

And just for you P, if you haven't seen it yet.

click on your favorite one

Find Your Magali

Yup, I just checked. ...

This is one of the signs of the apocalypse. Right alongside the prophecy: "And John Stamos shall play the drums for the Beach Boys."