broder daniel

Started by Robyn, July 14, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

Robyn

so this band was a big deal in sweden, and has meant a lot for many teenagers here. I thought I would share it here and see what you guys thinks about it. nowdays I mostly listen to them for nostalgic reasons, but the above clip always gives me the chills. it's the last song from their last concert before they broke up. it's pretty good for what it is.

wilder

My only exposure to them has been through Moodysson's usage in Show Me Love/Fucking Åmål, but I liked what I heard alright. Don't have much more to contribute. I'll drop a couple tracks in here from that OST:

Robyn

yeah, those are great! they where actually quite pissed that he used their songs on the soundtrack. apparently, they didn't even know of it until they watched the film.

this one is a classic:

put this on at a swedish party and everyone will fill the dance floor and scream the lyrics at the top of their fucking lungs. it's pretty fun.

Robyn

a nice music video with scenes from SML:

mogwai

Robyn

oh yeah
oh yeah
I went to a dance
but I didn't get any friends
makes me a little sad inside
but I'm luke skywalker
oh yeah!

Robyn

henrik berggren's long awaited solo album was released this year if anyone is interested. the song above is dedicated to the Broder Daniel guitarist Anders who committed suicide, which eventually made the band break up. it's a touching song and as good as anything Broder Daniel ever made.

"Push on clear
You'll be wasted here
But we'll never know now
You'll never grow old now
Time's lost its hold now
Forever done
Forever young"

henrik and anders.

Robyn

I did my best for a while?

SPOILER:

caption: i am straight edge (but not that straight edge)

e: i tried to found a picture of me wearing stars underneath my eyes (they definitely exist) without any luck. the good old times...

Robyn

also, the former drummer of Broder Daniel has a solo career. he became kinda big too.