brave new world to a movie

Started by Tiff, May 02, 2003, 07:58:51 AM

Tiff

If someone direct the movie of brave new world, who would you prefer to do it?
"Shut the fuck up!"

Sigur Rós

Tiff

i meant a director...who has established a certain style
"Shut the fuck up!"

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Sigur RósAldous Huxly?

Yeah, but Aldous Huxly wrote the book rite?

Ghostboy

Yeah, that's the guy. And if someone turned it into a movie, I'd like that someone to be me, because I love the book. But it's already been turned into a movie two or three times, all unseen by me.

Sigur Rós

I red the book it's great. It's shame Kubrick is dead that would have been cool! Maybe Crowe should do it......he seems to have a secret passion for sci-fi!

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

dufresne

the Coen Bros.  

seriously.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Mellow Fellow

i'd rather adapt huxley's 'island' its much groovier, and is one of the books where i get all the inside jokes. (thank you moksha and oliloqui)
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

godardian

Since Brave New World is a terrible, terrible book- moralistic and simple-minded and conservative in the worst way- I'd say give it to the Coen Bros. They'd find the crazed humor in it and make a movie that could not but be better than that wildly overrated book. Or Godard, if he would deign to do it. Someone not known for giving their "based upons" a literal interpretation.

I've never seen the film version of 1984, a much better novel... has anyone? What's the verdict? Doesn't seem anyone's too excited by it, but I haven't heard too many people hating it, either.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

I haven't seen a 1984 adaptation, but I have seen a BNW that was fairly recent (with Leonard Nimoy).  It was so terrible

so

so

terrible
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianI've never seen the film version of 1984, a much better novel... has anyone? What's the verdict? Doesn't seem anyone's too excited by it, but I haven't heard too many people hating it, either.

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=937
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ShanghaiOrange

I didn't like a Brave New World. I think the major problem with it is that the world it depicts doesn't seem all that bad. :(

I liked to see a movie made from A Canticle for Leibowitz. It would kick ass if Scorcese did it. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***