Favorite Music Videos

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:13:32 PM

godardian

"All These Things that I've Done" by The Killers. It's Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! with a little bit of an O.C. vibe. It's clever and kinda sexy. I like The Killers a lot to begin with, though, so that might be a requirement for enjoying this one.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

I Love a Magician

I used to really liked the videos to Vasoline, Interstate Love Song and Lady Picture Show by the Stone Temple Pilots quite a bit.

pumba

godardian

Quote from: shnorff on February 12, 2006, 04:49:40 PM
JUST by radiohead.

Actually, that is a really good one. I remember when they first aired it on 120 Minutes (am I aging myself?), I was pretty impressed.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

squints

Quote from: godardian on February 14, 2006, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: shnorff on February 12, 2006, 04:49:40 PM
JUST by radiohead.

Actually, that is a really good one. I remember when they first aired it on 120 Minutes (am I aging myself?), I was pretty impressed.

I used to set the VCR to tape 120 minutes everytime it was on before i went to bed so i could wake up and watch the videos i missed before school. If i'm not mistaken..that's probably where i saw "Just" for the first time as well...great video btw.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

godardian

"Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. (I know, I know--it's old. Well, I just saw it for the first time.) What with the close-ups on the changing color filters alternating with the close-ups of Karen O's face bathed in said colors, I'd say it's cf. A Woman is a Woman.

polkablues

Quote from: godardian on February 16, 2006, 04:32:11 PM
"Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. (I know, I know--it's old. Well, I just saw it for the first time.) What with the close-ups on the changing color filters alternating with the close-ups of Karen O's face bathed in said colors, I'd say it's cf. A Woman is a Woman.

Have you seen the video for "Y Control"?  Absolutely insane.  It's basically the band in a grimy room surrounded by little kids doing incredibly disturbing things (cutting and disembowling and what-have-you).  It's been a while since I saw it, so I don't remember a lot of details, just that I'm glad I wasn't watching it alone late at night.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

Bright Eyes - At the Bottom of Everything

Not the best song Conor Oberst has ever written, but everything about this video is perfect, from Terence Stamp on down.
My house, my rules, my coffee

mogwai

killafilm

Here's a list of 65 vid's from this past year. 

http://goodweatherforairstrike.blogspot.com/2006/01/top-65-music-videos-of-2005.html

I'd like to give special mention to the "Are you the one" by the Presets video.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I haven't seen a bunch of those, but I have been on my way seeing the ones I haven't. 

was the highlight.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Walrus on February 28, 2006, 10:57:35 PM
was the highlight.
do you wanna tell us what that is before we download it? or at least the size of it.
under the paving stones.

meatwad

Quote from: Pubrick on February 28, 2006, 11:24:41 PM
Quote from: Walrus on February 28, 2006, 10:57:35 PM
was the highlight.
do you wanna tell us what that is before we download it? or at least the size of it.

it's the kidz bob kids doing ''since u been gone"
21.5 mb

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrick on February 28, 2006, 11:24:41 PM

Sorry.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig