Favorite Music Videos

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:13:32 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Satcho9

Check out director-file.com and go to the chris cunningham section. Also bring a new pair of pants, because after seeing the windowlicker video you have a good chance of shitting yourself. Enjoy

Thanks for the tip... no sound at work, I'll check it out when I get home... that way I can take off my pants and just shit my chair.

Satcho9

Gold Trumpet

1.) Sined O'Connor "Nothing Compares 2 U"
2.) Prodigy - "Smack My Bitch Up"
3.) Don Henley - "The Boys of Summer"
5.) Radiohead - "Karma Police"
6.) Eminem - "The Way I Am"
7.) Fatboy Slim - "Praise You"
8.) R.E.M. - "Imitation of Life"
9.) The White Stripes - "Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground"
10.) Fiona Apple "As Fast as You Can"

~rougerum

phil marlowe

To add:

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy

Smashing Pumpkins - Ava Adore

Henry Rollins - Liar

Nick Cave - Where the Wild Roses Grow, The Weeping Song, Do you Love Me

Pearl Jam - (cant remember the title, the McFarlane one from the Yield album)

The Cure - Lullaby

RegularKarate

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Nick Cave - Where the Wild Roses Grow, The Weeping Song, Do you Love Me

You know?  I"ve never seen any of his videos... I love those songs though.

Man, all these people have seen videos that I didn't even know existed.  They couldn't have all been on MTV.

Not Nick Cave at least.

phil marlowe

Quote from: RegularKarateYou know?  I"ve never seen any of his videos... I love those songs though.

Man, all these people have seen videos that I didn't even know existed.  They couldn't have all been on MTV.

Not Nick Cave at least.

Absolutely not to be seen on MTV, i just get them on kazaa.

Duck Sauce

Why do some bands and musicians even have videos? I mean, where do they play them? MTV doesnt really show anything, MTV2 shows what MTV shows only 24 hours a day... Do videos actually get played in other parts of the world? Sometimes it seems like a bunch of money is spent making a video, but who gets to see it? They play it once and thats it.

BonBon85

Quote from: Duck SauceWhy do some bands and musicians even have videos? I mean, where do they play them? MTV doesnt really show anything, MTV2 shows what MTV shows only 24 hours a day... Do videos actually get played in other parts of the world? Sometimes it seems like a bunch of money is spent making a video, but who gets to see it? They play it once and thats it.

I was so excited when MTV2 first started and they actually played good videos. Now it's just garbage. Every once in while they'll play something good on 120 minutes which seems to only be on at 2 am. I get Much music and even though it's a Canadian station they sometimes play videos from bands that are practically unknown from the US (Dredg, etc.)

BonBon85

Sorry... No clue why this double posted.

By the way, I saw Windowlicker on MTV2 once...disturbingly great.

RegularKarate

Fuck all - that windowlicker video won't load... and there it is ... tempting me with 32 megs of my favorite Aphex Twin song.

I'll find it eventually.

bluejaytwist

loeb + stay [goddamn those glasses]
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

Newtron

Quote from: Duck SauceWhy do some bands and musicians even have videos? I mean, where do they play them? MTV doesnt really show anything, MTV2 shows what MTV shows only 24 hours a day... Do videos actually get played in other parts of the world? Sometimes it seems like a bunch of money is spent making a video, but who gets to see it? They play it once and thats it.

Considering your people never even heard of Kylie Minogue until last year, you should be aware that there is large market outside the US,. namely the UK, which spreads to germania and down to australia. sheesh. So to answer another one of your increasingly banal questions, some bands make videos cos they don't give a shit what you think.

Duck Sauce

Id like to take this time and quote myself.

Quote from: Duck SauceDo videos actually get played in other parts of the world?

And to respond to your teenage rebellion of a  "some bands make videos cos they don't give a shit what you think." remember, somebody has to pay for the videos. Record companies want to make money. Keep it real in 2003

Love,
Sauce

Newtron

Quote from: Duck Saucesomebody has to pay for the videos. Record companies want to make money.

This is true. Nick Cave has said that he doesn't like making videos because no matter the artistic merit they may possess, he always feels the plain truth of it is he's "being filmed exhibiting his desire to sell". Even with that intention a whole fuckload of excellent videos don't get shown on MTV, but they get shown everywhere else where the networks are not too concerned with being pop-popular (outside the US), is my point.

RegularKarate

okay, the video was on Ifilm, so I watched it there.

Definately good stuff, though I thought the beginning bit when on for a tad too long.