Dogville Trailer

Started by Sigur Rós, May 03, 2003, 06:10:07 AM

atticus jones

when we realize the man is already stuck...the sticking it to him becomes an exercise in redundancy...we are all slaves to something...it is unfortunate the injustices most detailed and abhored are those we think we see and not the ones we know we feel...i am the man and the man is we...they were the men who allowed me the be...i have allowed myself to become enslaved because freedom from my captor meant having to know myself...i own you because you want me to...you serve me because youre scared of you...

take away...take away...
take away these balls and chains
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

atticus jones

acting confused is a convenient way to avoid ever having to ponder a complex, serious, and or abstract thought...

its also a great way to pick up stoopid chicks...

from "dating tips that are sure to get you paid"
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

atticus jones

sorry...i failed to notice you are from portugal...duck duck goose

The Silver Bullet

Quoteduck duck goose
Now there's a game for the masses.
Will the crazy chasing madness never end?

I wish I was still seven.
Oh well. In my heart.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

rustinglass

Quote from: mesorry...i failed to notice you are from portugal

so I am. Is there a problem?
edit: You got me on the stupid chicks. congrats
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Ghostboy

Hey overseas folks who are lucky enough to have seen Dogville already...is the DVD out yet or coming soon? No sense in waiting for the American release when a region free DVD player can speed up the process!

Weak2ndAct

Dunno about the dvd, but I did see the movie-- and it rocks.  If you're a Von Trier fanatic like me, prepare to blown away.  It wasn't what I expecting or imagined-- and actually very visual considering the starkness of the set/production design.  A great film and this is the stuff Kidman should be winning Oscars for.

rustinglass

I think it will only show here next month.
Thanks very much for that 2nd act, I'm quite the von Trier fanatic myself. I regret that I never saw epidemic nor medea, I can't find these anywhere.
-Emir Kusturica

phil marlowe

dogville was amazing and i can't wait for the dvd but it's still showing in a couple of cinemas here. my guess is that it'll be out on reg2 in a couple of months.

what the fuck is medea and these?

rustinglass

medea is this project he did for danish tv -like the kingdom, only different http://imdb.com/title/tt0095607/

epidemic is the second part of his first trilogy (The Europa trilogy), I want to see this so fucking much!
http://imdb.com/title/tt0092972/
-Emir Kusturica

phil marlowe

Quote from: rustinglassmedea is this project he did for danish tv -like the kingdom, only different http://imdb.com/title/tt0095607/

epidemic is the second part of his first trilogy (The Europa trilogy), I want to see this so fucking much!
http://imdb.com/title/tt0092972/
oh i misread you i thought you meant 'these' a movie of some sort, silly me...

i've never heard of that medea thing but i've seen epidemic. i was pretty drunk and it was at a party so i didn't get it at all. i tell you, it was fucking weird. the first half was in english with english actors and all but suddenly the narratives switched completely and it was all in danish with danish actors and with von trier playing the lead himself. definitly not a movie to watch while you're drunk.

rustinglass

Quote from: phil marlowedefinitly not a movie to watch while you're drunk

I say the same thing about It's all about love
-Emir Kusturica

A Matter Of Chance

I saw this movie over the summer in Europe. It was really good.