Podcasts

Started by cron, October 31, 2005, 06:33:32 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Alright, I just listened to that. Pretty good. Although the guy annoys me (so far).

They talk about Pete's video in that episode! Although sadly they don't mention Pete.

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 13, 2013, 05:32:06 PM
the guy annoys me (so far).
uh oh, that means we got a new listener on our hands! Don't worry, you'll be lovin wee wee in no time. ( no pun intended ) I didn't like him too much at first because I couldn't get a read on him, but he's cool. I identify with his taste more than anyone else on the show.     ( lotta sexual innuendo going on here )

They talk about Pete's video in that episode! Although sadly they don't mention Pete.

Kudos to me!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Reelist on June 13, 2013, 05:50:39 PM
the guy annoys me (so far).
uh oh, that means we got a new listener on our hands! Don't worry, you'll be lovin wee wee in no time. ( no pun intended ) I didn't like him too much at first because I couldn't get a read on him, but he's cool. I identify with his taste more than anyone else on the show.     ( lotta sexual innuendo going on here )

I listened to a few more episodes, and I just can't get past him. When he slips into his drugged-out mode and literally cannot put together a coherent sentence, I want to rip my hair out. Even when he eventually arrives at something amusing, the process is too painful. Watching a few minutes of his standup didn't help the situation. (If I wanted to listen to some random stoner trying to reassemble his brain, I would read the shoutbox.)

Jeremy Blackman

Hmm... That might have come off a little harsher than I intended. This is what happens when I attempt sarcastic levity.

Reel

go with it. I like mean JB

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 16, 2013, 08:55:42 PM
Hmm... That might have come off a little harsher than I intended. This is what happens when I attempt sarcastic levity.

no, it was justified. he got you good with that wee wee remark.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

How have you not heard Howard Kremer before? He's been around forever.

I love the dude... Sure, he smokes weed, but he's not a stoner comedian... this is just how his brain works... he's really honest and really funny.

I haven't listened to the Whooch in a while. I listened pretty religiously for about the first year, but then just fell off with it.
Lately, it's just Comedy Bang Bang, The Best Show on WFMU, and Doug Loves Movies mixed in with the occasional WTF or so here and there.

Reel

Doesn't Doug Loves Movies get fucking annoying with the games? I'm sure they'd be fun to play in real life, but I find them tedious. I always tune out when they play. I love the Chelsea Peretti quote when she was there, "this is like hanging out in a nerds basement," I know that one hurt. He has great guests, like Silverman and Galafianakis recently, but the formula is just getting old. There's not enough going on in this show, it has consistently disappointed me for months now. So I'm not a regular listener anymore.

Reel

I'm looking for a specific kind of podcast that focuses on interviewing people from all different facets of filmmaking. Sort of like The Treatment, but includes guests who have more technical and lower level jobs as well as actors, writers, directors, etc.

Most of the podcasts I listen to are done by comedians and they're just shit.

wilder

Not podcasts, but the Youtube channels DP/30 and Craft Truck might be close to what you're looking for

DP/30 - Youtube

Craft Truck - Youtube

Reel

It's weird and very fucking annoying how itunes won't let me download any podcasts longer than 2 hours. The whole thing will load and then it will say it's 'stopped' and the file's unplayable. Never once had this issue before, and I'm using a brand new macbook! Help?

Pubrick

it's trying to save you 2 hours of your life that you will never get back.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Quote from: Pubrick on October 23, 2013, 01:28:34 PM
it's trying to save you 2 hours of your life that you will never get back.

Like Charlie Kaufman said here (https://soundcloud.com/bafta/charlie-kaufman-screenwriting-lecture) we'll never get back any hour of our lives anyway.

(It's one hour long, by the way.)
Ascension.

Reel

How about this one, P. My ipod is loaded with about 20 different shows that I've listened to, but when I plug it into iTunes it only shows the newest ones I dl'ed. I WANT TO DELETE THE OLD ONES! Also, I dl'ed something like 5 shows yesterday and they all just disappeared. How do you figure?