My movie's showing in NYC...

Started by Ghostboy, April 03, 2003, 01:21:12 AM

Ghostboy

You know, I don't actually know yet! I don't personally know anyone who went, and I've been too busy to remember to contact the people who run it to find out. I sure hope it went well (I say as I suddenly envision the possibility that I sent them the wrong Beta tape, or that it got lost in the mail or something like that -- well, I'm sure they would have let me know if there was a problem).

There's a potential upcoming screening in Seattle, and I'm still hoping that it will be in LA by mid-summer. And if that always fails, well...I'll be hawking the DVD on my website next month. It's always a crap shoot when it comes to indie filmmaking...

Jon

I watched the trailer the other day: but what is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Ghostboy

Quote from: JonI watched the trailer the other day: but what is it, if you don't mind me asking?

You mean the movie itself? It's just a short (20 minutes), super16mm...I don't really want to give anything away about the plot, though, other than that it's about a marriage falling apart and it is (hopefully) kind of creepy. It's hard to synopsize a short film without revealing too much about it.

Thanks for checking out the trailer, though; what did you think of it?

Ghostboy

I just got the word that it'll be playing in LA on June 18th. I'll post more details when I get them. Looks like I'll be heading west fo' sho. :-D

Redlum

I saw your trailer for Still a long time ago on your site. I loved the shot when the guy leaves the house and walks out on the sidewalk (as I say that it sounds kind of vague but I thought it was great and its stayed in my head all this time), it had a really great mood to it.

What kind of crew did you have on it?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

cowboykurtis

where can you view the trailer for STILL?
...your excuses are your own...

xerxes

Quote from: GhostboyI just got the word that it'll be playing in LA on June 18th. I'll post more details when I get them. Looks like I'll be heading west fo' sho. :-D

i will try to make it if at all possible

Ghostboy

Quote from: redlum

What kind of crew did you have on it?

We had a pretty big crew...about twenty five people in all.  All friends and friends of friends, most of whom are pretty dedicated to making movies themselves (otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't have worked for free). Its a great work environment.

*Post number 500!*