Smallville

Started by Kal, January 19, 2006, 09:46:11 AM

Kal

We dont have a Smallville thread... we dicussed it before in the WB thread and others, but it needs its own!

Anyways, I dont know if anyone watches this or did before... but after 4 seasons of so-so storyline the show is becoming really good in the 5th season.

I have always watched it, just cause I'm a very big Superman fan. But I was always dissapointed on the way they were carrying the story and it just wasnt interesting.

This season so far has been amazing. They are really doing everything that the audience wanted. The ratings are up, showing the strongest numbers ever for the WB... and they confirmed already the 6th season.

Now, next week its the 100th episode... and there has been a lot of fuzz around it cause someone is going to die... and it will be a major character... and its not like Lost with 15 main characters, there are only like 6. So we'll see...

Anyone here watches this? Anyone interested?

Kal

Forget what I said... the fucking writers fucked up even this Episode and I'm very dissapointed!

polkablues

Quote from: kal on January 27, 2006, 07:57:48 PM
Forget what I said... the fucking writers fucked up even this Episode and I'm very dissapointed!

What went sour for you?  I thought it was pretty decent.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

I think the whole 'travel back in time' thing was bullshit...

It's not one of Superman's habilities, and it definetly never happened before and will not happen again... if it was that easy, and if Jor-El could do it, the adult Superman would be able to find it out eventually...

It's like when he spins around the end in the first Superman movie... its kinda stupid, but whatever it's the 70's... I dont think it would be acceptable today.

The other thing is that, if you think about it... Jonathan's death was for nothing... Clark and Lana are further apart, Lex had nothing to do with it, and its stupid to think that his death was caused by Clark choosing Lana over him. He knew the moment he saved her that someone else HAD to die. Jor-El wasnt forgiving him, he was just letting him choose someone else.

Anyways... I loved the first half of the episode... up until he goes back in time. Then, it was stupid. He could have done the same thing, but making sure Lana would turn her phone off when Lex called her. Or tell her not to go. So whatever I hated it...