top guitar players

Started by classical gas, October 27, 2003, 08:30:46 PM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: classical gastim reynolds
yes...that's right, he is great.

ps. I can't believe sloth didn't make it!

Vile5

Quote from: godardian..where you should start is the UK. If you haven't heard The Thrills, Belle and Sebastian, Placebo, or Luke Haines/The Auteurs/Black Box Recorder, definitely that stuff. You'll get excellent music with integrity and none of this indie-schmindie stuff you get here.
agree! and i like Placebo great band

Quote from: rustinglasscompay segundo
he was a master.. no...a MASTER

and that list is boring, if Santana and Harrison are after Kurt Cobain, i mean, i liked Cobain but jesus! better than Santana playing guitar?? :roll:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

phil marlowe

i thought i'd resurrect this thread cos i just found the following video online. it's the craziest shit i've ever seen:

it's very funny stuff. it will amaze you and probably disturbe you too

jonas

Buckethead wasn't mentioned as well.  :(
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Sanjuro

meaning to reply to this tpoic for ages but here i ressurect itm just got something to say

hendrix is number one i have no problems with that
mclaughlin being so low???? wtf?
yeah wheres vai?
wheres al di meola?
wheres paco?
and how can they put david gilmour so low?
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

hideto matsumoto
andres segovia

Myxo

Hendrix
Clapton
Joe Satriani (Surfing with the Alien is some classic classic stuff. 8))
Bob Mould
Johnny Greenwood

pete

David Garza
Susan Tedeschi
Buddy Guy
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

i had to do a slideshow on Anthony Kiedis... one of the slides called for a picture of Dave Navarro. i couldn't find one that effectively captured his essence, so i made one:

just thought i'd share.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

noyes

south america's my name.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche