Sean Penn

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 07, 2003, 10:26:49 PM

NEON MERCURY

thin red line
the game
dead man walking
u-turn
fast times at ridgemont high........these are the films i seen him in............
................and the upcoming mystic river and 21 grams......the man is skilled.........................

MacGuffin

Get thee to thy video store:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

I don't normally like movies about retarded (or whatever the fuckin' PC term is now) people...but I even enjoyed I am Sam a lot ....mighta been the Beatles covers though...

Ghostboy

Also get The Pledge; he's not in it, but his direction is amazing.

I liked his performance with his wife in She's So Lovely a lot.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Ghostboyhis wife

I like her a lot too....mmmm

funny to think he was married to Madonna.....lol...let that Guy have her ass!

jasper_window

Get State of Grace and Hurlyburly also.  And Falcon and the Snowman, and At Close Range.  And Shanghai Surprise...oh wait, just kidding

chainsmoking insomniac

He was fantastic in Hurly Burly.  In fact, that whole cast was phenomenal.  What a bunch of whacked out characters!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

jasper_window

Yeah the whole film is like a workshop for aspiring actors.  I liked the film, but even if you don't, ya gotta respect the work.  Meg Ryan breaking form.  It's like the Glengarry cast...unbelievable.

Derek237

Penn was great in I Am Sam. I was surprised and glad he got an Oscar nomination for it. I'm not a huge fan, but I like him.

BTW, Could someone help me with a Sean Penn movie? I saw a preview for MGM movies and there's a snippit of a movie where Sean Penn is a cop and he is yelling "Somebody get an ambulance!!!" Just from that tiny clip, I want to see it. Does anyone know what it is?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Derek237BTW, Could someone help me with a Sean Penn movie? I saw a preview for MGM movies and there's a snippit of a movie where Sean Penn is a cop and he is yelling "Somebody get an ambulance!!!" Just from that tiny clip, I want to see it. Does anyone know what it is?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek237

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

ElPandaRoyal

I actually think Sean Penn is great. One of the greatest talents in american cinema (when it comes to acting, of course).
He's totally amazing in Sweet and Lowdown. That is my favourite Sean Penn performance. But he's also great in almost everything he does, like U-Turn, Dead Man Walking, Hurlyburly, The Game... I'd love to see him working with Woody Allen again and I personally think he'd be great in a Tim Burton movie.
Si

Ernie

He's definitely a good actor. I've only seen Fast Times and Casualties of War but yea, that's enough for me to know. I still try to visualize him as Dean when I watch PDL, I hope PTA still plans to work with him someday, I'm dying to see him work with him. DGG too, I heard he thought he was perfect for one of the roles in The Undertow but ultimately decided against it. I can't imagine Sean Penn in a DGG movie, he's just so intense. He needs to work with some big name actors, that would be fun as hell to watch...like seeing Sandler and Tom Cruise in PTA's movies...I love that stuff.

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanI can't imagine Sean Penn in a DGG movie, he's just so intense..
i think u'll find that DGG is not always gonna be "dreamtime/sleepy" ppl. just like PTA left the coked up characters behind in PDL.
under the paving stones.