michael moore: oscars, truths, and fictitions

Started by Rudie Obias, March 23, 2003, 09:27:38 PM

bonanzataz

My friend was at the academy awards and was one of those booing. Both of us love BFC and were glad it won, but we just don't like Moore. He's annoying.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I agree with JB in that I would have been disappointed by anything less, but I do wish he hadn't simply recycled his speech from the previous night.

Adrien Brody's speech was much more graceful, mature and powerful. But MM is a rabble-rouser, and he lived up to his reputation.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the funny thing is he pleaded to the media to not make the booing the main focus of their storys

then all the storys about him mentioned the booing in the headline

i can see him going back to his hotel hoping on to yahoo  and going

" D'oh"

fulty

Whether you agree with his point of view or not, he was discussing a very serious subject.   Yet, it appeared he was straining to contain his glee when the boos began.   I got the impression he was more interested in grandstanding for a crowd reaction on national TV.   It looked a bit foolish.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Butterscotch Jonesi can see him going back to his hotel hoping on to yahoo  and going

" D'oh"

I think it was Yahoo! that reported he was "booed off stage"...

Recce

he wasn't booed off stage. He said what he had to say, the music started and he left. They don't give enough time to talk at the oscars to actually be booed off. He got the same amount of time as everyone else. Well, except the big stars.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Duck Sauce

Yeah, I had a hard time imagine him getting booed off the stage, I didnt get to see it. I was thinking he had to say something pretty far out there to not only get booed after winning at the oscars but also by people who for the most part agree with him.

©brad

Haha, reminds me of that funny bit Steve Martin did about people in Hollywood. i don't remember the whole thing but he was saying something like "There's democrats, and then.... (long pause)"

remember tho, a lot of the acamedy is super conservative. I think most people do agree with him to some degree, it's just the manner in which he did it might of pissed some people off.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4dHaha, reminds me of that funny bit Steve Martin did about people in Hollywood. i don't remember the whole thing but he was saying something like "There's democrats, and then.... (long pause)"

remember tho, a lot of the acamedy is super conservative. I think most people do agree with him to some degree, it's just the manner in which he did it might of pissed some people off.

My friend paraphrased it for me since I didnt see it. Was it something like "Celebrities are short and they are tall.... they are democrats......and they are tall"

bonanzataz

no, it was, "celebrities can be tall, or short. they can be thin, or they can be skinny. They can be democrats.... or they could be thin!"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Oscars producer Gil Cates drowned out Best Documentary award winner Michael Moore with music on Sunday night to prevent a clash at the Kodak Theatre. Cates feared those booing and those applauding the outspoken Bowling For Columbine director would provoke ugly scenes, so he chose to cut off his controversial anti-war speech early. But Cates was happy to kill the music and let Best Actor winner Adrien Brody have a few extra moments to pay tribute to a pal fighting in Iraq. Cates says, "I thought it was inappropriate for Michael Moore to start calling names but I was happy to let Adrien Brody have his moment. It was a great speech."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowling For Columbine director Michael Moore was delighted with the response to his anti war tirade when accepting an Oscar for best documentary. Moore didn't think he was going to win the Oscar at the Sunday ceremony - and thought he might remain silent if he did. Before the awards he said, "I may say nothing - just ask for a moment of silence and stand there for those 45 seconds." But he's delighted he changed his mind. Despite a generally unimpressed reception from the audience, he labels the response to his out-burst "wonderful." He added, "The people that seemed to disagree with it all seemed to be in one section - up in the balcony."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

Quote from: MacGuffin"The people that seemed to disagree with it all seemed to be in one section - up in the balcony."

who sits up in the balcony? studio execs?

Xixax

In the most eloquent way possible, I'd like to unequivocally state that

MICHAEL MOORE IS THE MOST NOBLE AND SAINTLY PUBLIC FIGURE EVER TO LAY HIS FEET UPON THIS HUMBLED EARTH

Thank you.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

sphinx

Quote from: cecil b. dementedwho sits up in the balcony? studio execs?

friends and family, like he said before