"Les Liaisons Dangereuses" adaptations

Started by Finn, October 21, 2004, 07:16:33 AM

Finn

This story (which was taken from the novel by Choderlos de Laclos) has been told multiple times on screen. I remember there was Valmont, Dangerous Liaisons and Cruel Intentions. My favorite version was Dangerous Liaisons, but I do think the story has been told too many times.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Kal

What About Cruel Intentions 2 and 3?  :shock:  :shock:  :!:  :?:

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Cruel Intentions is the best version, IMO.  It's the most entertaining, least boring.  Quite an underrated film.  Dangerous Liasons doesn't have much going for it except Uma, and it's rather boring.  I've heard Valmont is even worse.

Finn

I agree Cruel Intentions is probably the most entertaining version. I've only seen bits of Valmont so I can't really say whether it's good or bad.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Boutros

I thought Dangerous Liasons was the best, having only seen that and Cruel Intentions. I thought it was very entertaining, mainly because of Malkovich and Close. Oh, and Uma.

I badly want to see Valmont, for Milos Forman is a favorite of mine.
"Death: Nothing escapes me. No one escapes me." - The Seventh Seal

Pwaybloe

This is another one that was a mini-series.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.