"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Sleuth

I honestly can't choose between

Wes/Mark

David/Angelo
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

I think I need a write in vote for Hitchcock/Bernard Herrmann
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

SHAFTR

Francis Ford Coppola and Nina Rota with the Godfather films.

otherwise...
Sergio Leone / Ennio Morricone
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

three are all egual to me......

david -angelo
soderbergh-martinez
aronofsky-mansell( his last name i  may have spelled wrong)

dufresne

of the ones you mentioned, i'd have to say Anderson/Mothersbaugh, only because they seem to compliment each other the best.
There are shadows in life, baby.

©brad

even tho polls arent my thing, ill do it just b/c i like spike.

sooo...

well out of ur list, i would have to say spielberg and williams. come on, from jaws to all the others, they're all good.

i second mac's nomination

Ricard L. Befan

Quote from: ©bradwell out of ur list, i would have to say spielberg and williams. come on, from jaws to all the others, they're all good.
I agree that Spielberg/Williams is the best collaboration ever, with the best results for each film with very few exceptions.

Just to remind people which films they made together (practically all the Spielberg films):

1974 - The Sugarland Express
1975 - Jaws
1977 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind
1979 - 1941
1981 - Raiders of the Lost Ark
1982 - E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
1984 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
1985 - Amazing Stories (TV)
1987 - Empire of the Sun
1989 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
1989 - Always
1991 - Hook
1993 - Jurassic Park
1993 - Schindler's List
1997 - The Lost World
1997 - Amistad
1998 - Saving Private Ryan
1999 - The Unfinished Story (Documentary)
2001 - A.I. Artificial Intelligence
2002 - Minority Report
2002 - Catch Me If You Can

BTW, why isn't Hitchcock/Herrmann on the list???
Ricard L. Befan

Spike

Sorry, but I forgot:

Alfred Hitchcock / Bernard Herrman
Frederico Fellini / Nino Rota
Robert Zemeckis / Alan Silvestri
Franklin J. Schaffner / Jerry Goldsmith
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Redlum

Spielberg and Williams

Zemeckis and Silevstri a good nom.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SoNowThen

Quote from: SpikeFellini / Nino Rota

That is the correct answer.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Alethia

aclockworkjj

modage

i thought about it for a few days, and this is what i've come up with...

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.