Bringing Down The House

Started by bonanzataz, March 11, 2003, 04:14:12 PM

bonanzataz

Jason Filardi has been hard at work for the past 3 years. He's been developing a revolutionary new software that will change the face of moviemaking forever. For his first experiment, he typed in the names "Steve Martin" and "Queen Latifah" and pressed the "ENTER" key. Thus, Bringing Down the House was written. A hilarious romp through modern culture in which our main character, Steve Martin's brilliant portrayal of tax attorney Peter Sanderson, finds his life turned upside down by a mysterious black enchantress (Latifah) who needs help to clear her name of her criminal charges, but teaches Peter about friendships and life along the way. It was wonderfully charming and probably one of the most racially offensive movies I've seen in a long time. The entire plot consisted of Steve having to conceal Queenie from being seen by any of his white coworkers while she tries her hardest not to be so black. Perhaps this movie might have made sense if it took place in the thirties or something. Regardless, after seeing this I realized that formulaic buddy comedies kick ass. Thoroughly enjoyed this piece of shit (and it WAS a gigantic piece of shit).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Raikus

Your movie reviews consistenly confuse the hell out of me.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

I imagine he smiles everytime he makes a post because of his avatar.
I like to hug dogs

polkablues

Ah, "Bringing Down the House"... everyone responsible for that movie (as well as the upcoming "Head of State") needs to be made aware of a simple fact:  Middle-aged white people talking like black people was funny in "Airplane"... and never again since.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Xixax

Taz has infiltrated my phyche. I was at Toys-R-Us a few minutes ago and saw a xXx poster and immediately thought of him.

If I don't mind saying, that's a pretty sad thing to be known for.

8)
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

At least I'm being thought of xix. At least...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Quote from: bonanzatazAt least I'm being thought of xix. At least...
:yabbse-wink:
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]