bad movies with good casts

Started by El Duderino, March 17, 2004, 07:49:06 PM

El Duderino

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanMystic River.

YES!
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: ewardfull frontal
Full Frontal is a wonderful movie.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: sciphexMorgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty gets my vote...

Morgan Freeman is in a lot of shitty movies.
Si

rustinglass

Damn! why are people shitting on mystic river? it's so good!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Alethia

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
Quote from: ewardfull frontal
Full Frontal is a wonderful movie.

i wanted to like it, but i just...just couldn't

if it helps its the only soderbergh film i dont like  :)

El Duderino

Quote from: rustinglassDamn! why are people shitting on mystic river? it's so good!

WTF?! SPOILERS BEFORE THE SPOLER WARNING DAMMIT ALL TO HACK

i'm not going to lie, i thought the acting and directing were both amazing, but i thought the movie, all in all, wasnt good. i think i didnt like it because of the story of it, with the whole Tim Robbins child molestation thing and it was very predictable that:
*SPOILERS*

he didnt kill the girl and that he knew that people thought he did, so he tried to cover it up. but i'm not "shitting" on mystic river, i just think it's overrated and could have been a lot better, i dont know how, but yeah.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

rustinglass

I think that you should abstract yourself from the story and realize what, for me, is one of the best aspects of the film, it's about: violent lives. I like that you don't get to see violent flashbacks of sean penns past (which I think a common director would try to insert in the film), but his ticks and his instinct excellently portray that person.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: rustinglassI think that you should abstract yourself from the story and realize what, for me, is one of the best aspects of the film, it's about: violent lives.
some ppl don't think about movies like that.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

I suppose we can add Laws of Attraction to the list.