What's in the briefcase?

Started by abbey road, May 21, 2003, 04:31:49 PM

abbey road

hey i want to know what u guys think is in marcellis' brief case in pulp fiction. i honestly have not much of an idea....what do u think?
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

Keener

You know how Pulp Fiction had alot of homages in it ?

Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

brockly

Quote from: abbey roadhey i want to know what u guys think is in marcellis' brief case in pulp fiction. i honestly have not much of an idea....what do u think?

not even QT know the answer to this question. we're not supposed to know, and its pointless to discuss. this thread should be locked.

although i did like the willy wonka theory. funny shit  :-D

MacGuffin

Quote from: abbey roadhey i want to know what u guys think is in marcellis' brief case in pulp fiction. i honestly have not much of an idea....what do u think?

This suit:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

i think its a dvd copy of tarantinos secret unreleased film "40 lashes"

godardian

Erm, a MacGuffin.

Or Roland Barthes' Manual of Sharp-Witted Semiotic Cleverness.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Duck Sauce

Havent we discussed this? Or hasnt IMDB discussed this?

My favorite ones so far are the golden wonka tickets and the elvis suit from TR

Keener

What do you get when you rub Mia's feet ?
Eating as much as a Samoan eats ?
Big Man has you thrown off a balcony
Messing up the way - you - speak
WhatdoesMarcellusWallacelooklike ?
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Derek237

I like the whole "marcellus wallas' soul" theory, so I'll stick by that.

brockly

Quote from: Derek237I like the whole "marcellus wallas' soul" theory, so I'll stick by that.

I heard about this aswell. Did this come from QT?

Mesh

Quote from: KeenerYou know how Pulp Fiction had alot of homages in it ?

Convince me more of this.

Mesh

Quote from: godardianErm, a MacGuffin.

I'm not sure I know what, exactly, this term refers to.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs