Boy Meets World

Started by Weird. Oh, June 10, 2004, 03:01:33 AM

Weird. Oh

I wasn't sure if there was any interest in this show. It used to be a guilty pleasure of mine and now they are releasing the first season Aug 24. It wasn't a great show but I grew up watching it so It's one of those kind of things. Any one else like this show at all?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

matt35mm

Yeah I've seen most of the episodes I think.  Not of their later years, though, just when they were in junior high or high school or something.  It was one of those "grew up watching it" type shows, yeah.  Haven't seen any episodes in a long time though.

pete

it was a really good show, I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it was funny and well-acted, and cheesy of course.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

I still like the show.  Like Pete said, its more than a guilty pleasure.

Sleuth

It used to run on Disney Channel a lot, maybe it still does
I like to hug dogs

Thrindle

This show was good.  As the seasons progressed and there were less "family sit down chats" it got better.  I thought the characters were really well done... and who didn't love good ol' Mr. Feeney?!
Classic.

ono

This is probably one of my favorite sitcoms.  And I would call it a great show - notice since it went off the air, ABC has sucked.  It pretty much held ABC afloat during its last years.  Then came Millionaire.  Bleh.  TGIF may have had a lot of bad shows, but among them were a few gems.  It's truly underrated.  I cringe, though, at some of the stuff from the last seasons, as most shows really tend to degrade in quality in the later years.  They kind of ruined Eric's character near the end, changing him from kind of nutty to borderline-psycho.  They kind of didn't know what to do with him.  Reason I like this show so much, though, is the character Shawn Hunter.  Probably one of the most complex, compelling characters ever.  His relationships with Cory and Topanga made all the cheese worthwhile.

Pubrick

dudes, as soon as he became PUSSYWHIPPED by that duck-chick (topanga-duckanga) it went downhill.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrickduck-chick (topanga-duckanga)

:-D

The few episodes right before Cory went to college became a little too serious for my taste, and the college episodes were mediocre.

Weird. Oh

Quote from: peteit was a really good show, I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it was funny and well-acted, and cheesy of course.

I called it a guilty pleasure because I wasn't really sure if people liked it as much as I.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

pete

I really liked that episode when Corey somehow ended up in a wrestling ring, I don't remember much (when it was on air I could barely speak English) but I just remember in that episode everytime Corey makes a claim, he would be proven wrong immediately, and in the end he said was being lifted by a wrestler and someone asked him something and he said "I'm wrong about everything."
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

The final announcement from Buena Vista is for season two of Boy Meets World which stars the likes of Ben Savage and William Daniels. The set will include all twenty-three original episodes of season two, and will be available to own from the 23rd November this year. Retail will be set at around $49.99. The episodes themselves will each be presented in 1.33:1 full screen along with an English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround track. Extras will include audio commentary With Cast And Crew and Picture-In-Picture Video Commentary With Cast And Crew.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It was a show "you grew up with" because after they found their ratings were good, they progressed him into the next grade each year.  It had a growing affect.

Later on, it got too soap opera-ish with them getting married and all that...but Topanaga was pretty fine.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

"I'll see you in summer school, Mr. Matthews..."

"...It's gonna be a good summer."

tpfkabi

what about Shawn's girlfriend, Angela? i figured she would still be acting.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.