The Terror (AMC)

Started by wilberfan, April 05, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

wilberfan

I'm 4 episodes into this one, and loving it.  Three of my favorite actors in the lead roles.

The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage faces a challenge they had not anticipated.

Based on the novel by Dan Simmons.  (Ridley Scott is one of five executive producers).

Creator: David Kajganich
Stars: Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, Ciarán Hinds

Tictacbk

I second that.  For a show about a bunch of people stuck in the arctic, this show moves. Loving it.

Tictacbk

Had to come back after watching this weeks episode and say HOLY SHIT. Great stuff. And terrifying.

squints

I saw a trailer for this and immediately went out and bought the book. Read it in about two weeks, obsessed over the real history and maps and have been watching the show via appointment viewing every Monday.

What they have brought to life straight from the book and the great things they've added have been fantastic.

This is the most hype I've been for a show since The Knick
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche