but its working

and now im ready
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

O.

This is changing my life right now.
superb

SeanMalloy

This looks just stunning!  That camera is a marvelous piece of equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9oZDKFoCqAw?rel=0
"Maybe that's their breeding ground."
"Only one way to find out."

Brando

Did the Master trailer shut down Xixax?  Had a message saying the site was busy. 

Joaquin Phoenix does not look like Joaquin Phoenix.  He looks like he's 48 years old. The hype around this being his "comeback" has already started.  I also liked there was nothing with PSH.  I hope they don't put him in any of the trailers and keep him a mystery. 
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I, too, thought the Master trailer had shut down Xixax.  Seriously having trouble concentrating today after watching it at least eight times.
Going to stop watching it and then start again tonight.
Stunning

Fernando

Brad Bird just twitted the master teaser from the cigsandredvines link, not empire's, megan ellison's (god bless her soul), playlist, etc. cigsandredvines!

and the bitter might say, so fucking what? well, so fucking awesome!

even thou I have nothing to do with contributing or maintaining the site, cigs feels like it's us.

72teeth

Teaser <this should stay here for a while

Hallalujah! its even better with sound!

I see Last Detail
I see Cuckoo's Nest
I see Papillion

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Brando

Someone who was at the screening posted some tidbits of what he saw from both The Master and Django.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2012/05/preview-footage-from-weinstein-co-threefer-django-unchained-silver-linings-playbookthe-master-and/

"The first reel they showed was from Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master. We saw a lot more than could be shown in the trailer, naturally, as there were tits, masturbation and more violence. I couldn't really get a read on what it's about exactly except that people kept talking about Joaquin Phoenix like he was a madman. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams both great in what they have to do but it's Phoenix's show. If you're looking for your possible acting nods, you have three potential ones right there.

I like it that it flies in the face of recent Academy tradition of safe, sappy fare. It throws down gasoline and lights it on fire. The music — Johnny Cash, Phoenix – completely out of his mind jerking off on the beach with people nearby. And there will be blood, sex, sweat and tears. Anderson is a ferocious, creative mind at work — this is a deepening for him, not a detour."
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Pozer

that is a masterful masterbaterable teaser right there!

Jeremy Blackman

Having stayed away from any version of the script, I had no idea it would be this intense. So thrilled about that.

modage

Tons of reactions to the Cannes footage here:

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/05/four-minutes-of-master-footage-screens.html

Thrilled about the Brad Bird link, too. Andrew Stanton also RT'd us this morning.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Brando

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on May 21, 2012, 03:18:24 PM
Having stayed away from any version of the script, I had no idea it would be this intense. So thrilled about that.

I agree. I didn't read the script and any details that I did learn from those who have read the script I have long forgotten. Although I do remember a post about a line from the script that was close to a line from Moby Dick.

I'm sure a lot has changed since that script as well. I read somewhere that Joaquin's name has changed. Also what I've read, since I have nothing to do right now except update google news every couple minutes, is that this is clearly about Scientology and PSH is channeling L Ron Hubbard. I always thought the Scientology influence was being overblown by the media and PTA just used the idea of it as inspiration.

Pwaybloe

How does a 1:40 trailer look more interesting than anything else I've seen this year?  It looks fascinating, even with this snippet of footage.

I love the over the shoulder shot on Phoenix's face.  For some reason it makes the dialogue more eerie than the more typical Kubrick-like shot it cuts to. 

72teeth

Quote from: Brando on May 21, 2012, 03:30:38 PM
I always thought the Scientology influence was being overblown by the media and PTA just used the idea of it as inspiration.

he probably used that as the guise he needed to get away with what i'm hoping will be a full on assult

Yowza Yowza Yowza