Finally saw PDL

Started by Fernando, April 26, 2003, 12:50:27 AM

aurora

When I saw it everyone loved it - the cinema was full and everyone was laughing.

Even kids were laughing - like 8 year olds and at the end they go 'can we see it again mum pleeeeeeeeease'

Melbourne must have good taste in movies ;)

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: DionySuS
Melbourne must have good taste in movies ;)

Or perhaps you have good taste in drugs?

In all seriousness, an 8 year old loving P-DL? What's next (I can't think of anything to say)?

Cecil

you have entered... the twilight zone.

brockly

I only saw PDL a few weeks ago, as it only came out this month in Aus, and I had heard from a few people that it is a peice of shit, and they were telling me not to bother. I thought to myself, "how could a pta film be shit?" I still went and saw it. I hadn't seen any critical reviews on the film at that time so I went into the theatre with a group of friends thinking "oh crap, i'm about to be dissapointed by pta." But this only made the experiance even better. I loved every second of the film. If I had seen it before I knew people's reactions, i would have thought "this film is going to be big! how could anyone not like it?"

I guess i would have been wronge. People have no taste these days. I've seen it 3 times now and each time there have been 2-4 people walking out the theatre half way through. Oh well, they just don't know what their missing out on. Can't wait till dvd release.

©brad

i dont understand how people can just walk out of a movie. the only movie i ever walked out on, or turned off rather was blair witch 2. dear god...

The Silver Bullet

Just saw it today.

The audience was very responsive, and seemed to enjoy it greatly [along with myself, one elderly couple actually sat through the length of the credits, which I thought was great].

What do I think? I think it will go down in history [give it twenty years, when the up and coming teenage filmmakers of today are the ones voting in polls like SIght & Sound] as one of the greatest romances ever made. Mind you, I'm not just going to sit around sucking PTA's dick for a post or two, I really felt this way [considering you Xixax members had talked the film up to a level I didn't think it could meet], and I think time will render [as it always does] the Oscars, and most every other award ceremony, irrelevent.

Like always, if not more so, you could feel Anderson in every moment of the film. People say he was trying to make the art house Sandler picture, or whatever, but I sensed a very, very personal, near autobiographical feel, that really took me by suprise, and left me sort of drained for the remainder of the day [the same way that I felt after The Royal Tenenbaums, Amelie and Dancer In The Dark].

The best film of 2003, although I'm sure many of you made your mind up long before I ever posted.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Duck Sauce

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
People say he was trying to make the art house Sandler picture, or whatever, but I sensed a very, very personal, near autobiographical...

Ive heard PTA say this, and I never really agreed, its not a Sandler movie, its a PTA movie if anything.

The Silver Bullet

Quote...its a PTA movie if anything.

I loved Magnolia and Boogie Nights, but with Punch-Drunk I think he has made the most PTA movie of all the PTA movies...
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.

phil marlowe

are you the baby brother of GT?

The Silver Bullet

Quoteare you the baby brother of GT?
Are you intelligent?
  • A hare.

phil marlowe

Quote from: The Silver BulletAre you intelligent?
i wasnt dissing your postings(and no, neither GTs), i guess ive just been wondering about it for quite some time now.

exsample;
in denmark we have a lot of parents thinking its cute calling their first son 'dan' and their second son 'mark', wich combined would be 'danmark' meaning, big suprise, 'denmark, in danish. like lars/lise, silver bullet/gold trumpet blah blah blah yatta yatta yatta...hug me.

The Silver Bullet

I would hug you, but I am pretending to have leprosy.
  • A hare.

Pozer

all I will say is, Godbless this movie...

and that is all I will say

oakmanc234

Poser, you hit it right on the head.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'