I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

grand theft sparrow

Is that Stephen King box set on a ridiculous sale or something?  I can't justify to myself spending extra money on Silver Bullet (despite the Busey factor) or Graveyard Shift.

McfLy

I got it for $30 (I had a coupon), I think the retail price was either $34.99 or $36.99. You could always buy the new Dead Zone and Pet Semetary individually since they are the only movies that got the special edition treatment. Silver Bullet has been a guilty pleasure of mine so I didn't mind dropping the extra $10 for it, and Graveyars Shift was basically free so I picked it up.

john

Apeshit shoppong:

A Nightmare On Elm St.
Stephen King Collection
Lady Vengeance
Dust Devil
Dark Waters
Imprint
Down In The Valley
Frankenstein
Dracula

Looking at my bank account now.....it hurts.....but it feels so good.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: john on September 27, 2006, 04:02:41 PM
Apeshit shoppong:

A Nightmare On Elm St.
Stephen King Collection
Lady Vengeance
Dust Devil
Dark Waters
Imprint
Down In The Valley
Frankenstein
Dracula

Looking at my bank account now.....it hurts.....but it feels so good.

Someone's getting ready for Halloween.

cine

edison

john

Quote from: overmeunderyou on September 27, 2006, 04:08:56 PM

Someone's getting ready for Halloween.

I sure am. Which also explains the copies of Texas Chain Saw Massacre Ultimate and Street Trash I picked up today.

Though, this Ultimate Edition doesn't really seem very ultimate. I already have the Region 2 edition with much more interesting artwork and the Shocking Truth documentary....mostly, I'm excited to see how clean the pciture quality is....

....plus, I'm a fool for horror films at Halloween. Every year, I buy more than I need....like those Anchor Bay six-packs they released last year (last year?)....I think there we're six films out of twenty four that I would actually enjoy owning and rewatch....and that's being generous
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

SiliasRuby

Yes, even though it made me phsyically sick, I really enjoyed quite a bit.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Weak2ndAct

Simpsons 1-6.  Finally, my procrastination pays off.  Circuit City is selling these for 17.99 a pop.  Great deal.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Veronica Mars Season 1 and 2
The Producers (2005)
The Good Girl
Drugstore Cowboy
Black Dog
Shopgirl
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

American Beauty
The Conversation
Days of Heaven
A Place in the Sun

total 14 bucks and free shipping

Awesome B1G1 sale at ddd and dvdplanet
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/promotion/buyAndGetFree_form.cfm?promoName=parab1g1_1006

Redlum

Quote from: edison on October 03, 2006, 12:37:52 PM
Awesome B1G1 sale at ddd and dvdplanet

Thanks. I got :

The Great Gatsby and The Conversation in the sale and Blade Runner (Ridley's compulsion to release extended and director's cuts for every movie has soured me on his 'ultimate cut')
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas