Some of what I'm listening to..

Started by pgr, March 24, 2003, 06:37:51 AM

Sigur Rós

neatahwanta

Quote from: RaikusMost... overrated... band... ever.

Quote from: RaikusAnd I love the Foo Fighters...

Like I said....no hope.

phil marlowe

Sigur Rós

neatahwanta.........Is this guy French! He's kind of arrogant!

Pubrick

hahahh. i'm stayin out of this wave. still tho, haha.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

i still listen to nirvana today, and its still great.

neatahwanta

Haha, I guess I touched a nerve.  In a few years some of you will listen to good music...and know what the fuck you're talking about.

Instead of attacking me for being arrogant, perhaps you should be attacking someone who opines, "Nirvana was over-rated, but I love the Foo Fighters."

Nothin' against Foo....I happen to like Dave's music myself...wouldn't actually buy and album (hey, you know, I'm so arrogant that its beneath me), but everyone except the deaf would recognize that Nirvana was orders of magnitude above The Foo, creatively, recklessly, and even in terms of song writing.  Hell, ask Dave himself, I'm sure he'd say the same.

No French...1/2 American brown dog, 1/2 Ukrainian.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: neatahwantaperhaps you should be attacking someone who opines...

No. Opinions should not be attacked.  :roll:

Raikus

Quote from: neatahwantaInstead of attacking me for being arrogant, perhaps you should be attacking someone who opines, "Nirvana was over-rated, but I love the Foo Fighters."

Hey, nothing like taking stuff out of context I guess. I never made a direct comparison between the Foo Fighters and Nirvana. Both of the statements you so conveniently combined were in separate threads and in responses to separate comments. I never said Nirvana was a bad band, in fact, I said "Nirvana was a great band." I also said I love the Foo Fighters. They know how to make good, fun music that rocks. Of course Nirvana was a better band than Foo, but I still contend that Nirvana wasn't the be-all-end-all revolutionary band in music that they've been proclaimed to be. And there's the just of my argument.

Make sure you read thoroughly this time neat, and respond accordingly.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

neatahwanta

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: neatahwantaperhaps you should be attacking someone who opines...

No. Opinions should not be attacked.  :roll:

They should be when they are wack, like yours.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

neatahwanta

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: neatahwantaInstead of attacking me for being arrogant, perhaps you should be attacking someone who opines, "Nirvana was over-rated, but I love the Foo Fighters."

Hey, nothing like taking stuff out of context I guess. I never made a direct comparison between the Foo Fighters and Nirvana. Both of the statements you so conveniently combined were in separate threads and in responses to separate comments. I never said Nirvana was a bad band, in fact, I said "Nirvana was a great band." I also said I love the Foo Fighters. They know how to make good, fun music that rocks. Of course Nirvana was a better band than Foo, but I still contend that Nirvana wasn't the be-all-end-all revolutionary band in music that they've been proclaimed to be. And there's the just of my argument.

Make sure you read thoroughly this time neat, and respond accordingly.

Sure, revise your views...good idea.