quick question

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, February 09, 2004, 12:09:27 AM

GodDamnImDaMan

can you edit the 24p mode on the panasonic DVX-100a on adobe premiere? My friend is telling me that it's not possible, help me out here guys.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

pete

I was under the impression that you could (I thought I had a friend who did it) but not as 24 fps though.  you're essentially editing a 30fps video that looked like it was moving a 24p if that makes any sense.
'cause even though dvx100 does the 24p, your miniDV tape still records at 30fps.  to edit it on 24p again you need to do the 2:3:3:2 pull down via finalcutpro 4.
that's my impression, I could be wrong though.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

GodDamnImDaMan

So wait a minute, you record in 24P which makes it look like film. However when you edit and export does it still resemble this film look?

pete

yeah it's like watching a movie on DVD or VHS--the images are moving at 29.97fps but it looks like 24fps, not to mention the superior colors.  and as I understand it, dvx100 tries its best to emulate that film gamma curve as well.
so other words, without the finalcut 4 pro, you can basically do what your 24p dvx100 is doing with any 3-chip camera if you've got software like bullettime that does the drop frame and the gamma curve or something.  that's the theory anyways.  I haven't seen any real scientific side by side comparison.

EDIT: To quote Mitch Hedberg: "man, I shoulda just said 'yeaah'."
- Buster Keaton

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: peteyeah it's like watching a movie on DVD or VHS--the images are moving at 29.97fps but it looks like 24fps, not to mention the superior colors.  and as I understand it, dvx100 tries its best to emulate that film gamma curve as well.
so other words, without the finalcut 4 pro, you can basically do what your 24p dvx100 is doing with any 3-chip camera if you've got software like bullettime that does the drop frame and the gamma curve or something.  that's the theory anyways.  I haven't seen any real scientific side by side comparison.

i have a large penis.

pete

that's the second time somebody's said that to me within the last two days on this board.
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: peteEDIT: To quote Mitch Hedberg: "man, I shoulda just said 'yeaah'."

Quoting Mitch Hedburg makes you a million times cooler.

Hell, you were always cool, but boom, there ya go.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye