WHAT TIME IS IT THERE?

Started by Rudie Obias, May 21, 2003, 06:16:42 PM

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Ghostboy

It's a very touching and wonderful film, although it took me a little while to get used to the style -- the trailer said it was reminiscent of Buster Keaton, so I was expecting more of a gentle slapstick. It's funny, to be sure, but in a very slow and contemplative way. It owes a lot to Tati's films, and of course to Truffaut. I didn't even realize who that old man sitting on the bench was until I was reading about the film after I saw it.

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: GhostboyIt's a very touching and wonderful film, although it took me a little while to get used to the style -- the trailer said it was reminiscent of Buster Keaton, so I was expecting more of a gentle slapstick. It's funny, to be sure, but in a very slow and contemplative way. It owes a lot to Tati's films, and of course to Truffaut. I didn't even realize who that old man sitting on the bench was until I was reading about the film after I saw it.

Speaking of Francois Truffaut, does anyone think that "What Time is it There" owes a lot to Truffaut?

RegularKarate

Quote from: GhostboyIt's a very touching and wonderful film, although it took me a little while to get used to the style -- the trailer said it was reminiscent of Buster Keaton, so I was expecting more of a gentle slapstick. It's funny, to be sure, but in a very slow and contemplative way. It owes a lot to Tati's films, and of course to Truffaut. I didn't even realize who that old man sitting on the bench was until I was reading about the film after I saw it.

Quote from: MrBurgerKingSpeaking of Francois Truffaut, does anyone think that "What Time is it There" owes a lot to Truffaut?

Quote from: [size=15px]AGAIN[/size] Ghostboy It owes a lot to Tati's films, and of course to Truffaut.

what did you think he was talking about?

MrBurgerKing

Besides the fact that Mr. Doinel himself is in it, what other connection do you think it has to Truffaut?

Rudie Obias

Quote from: MrBurgerKingBesides the fact that Mr. Doinel himself is in it, what other connection do you think it has to Truffaut?

THE 400 BLOWS is in the film.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff