mini-dvds

Started by Rudie Obias, November 22, 2004, 10:37:39 PM

Rudie Obias

From davisdvd.com:

Warner Mini-DVD

In the world of portability, smaller is always better. Seeking to capitalize on that, Warner Home Video will release thirty titles next month in a select-market launch of the 3-inch mini-DVD format. The discs, which will be priced from $9.98 to $24.98, will include Scooby Doo II: Monsters Unleashed and A Cinderella Story. The releases are set to coincide with the debut of a $120 mini-DVD player from CyberHome Entertainment which features built-in speakers, Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, headphones, an AC adapter and rechargeable battery. The player also will include a copy of Scooby-Doo: Original Mysteries plus a mail-in offer for two free additional WHV mini-DVD titles from a selection of five. The mini-discs are said to feature the same picture and sound quality as standard 5-inch DVDs and will contain the movie only and no special features. Another fifty titles are scheduled for a nationwide launch in March 2005.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pubrick

Quote from: rudieobThe mini-discs are said to feature the same picture and sound quality as standard 5-inch DVDs and will contain the movie only and no special features.
this time technology has gone too far.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I'm all about a no special features version of scooby doo 2 and cinderella story. I can even put them in my pocket. so cute.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

So exactly how many Indonesian slaves does CyberHome have?

Pwaybloe

JB... you ever heard of "Debbie Downer?"

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

abuck1220

thank goodness...i was really getting tired of lugging around those cumbersome 5 inch dvds. my aching back thanks you, cyber home!

Ravi

Yet another solution to a problem nobody has.